How do I view more than 200 threads? (1 Viewer)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello Roger,
I'm not sure about the 200 new posts but I usually look at Recent at the bar at the top and spy

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
I think you are missing stuff because looking at new threads does not show you follow up of thread as does not come up again on list if you looked at thread - for this you need to look at Recent threads. Difficult to explain but have copied this from Resources section which might explain it better.
New posts will show you the last 200 new posts in the forum. But only those that are NEW TO YOU. If you have seen the post before it will not show up in New Posts. So if you have opened a thread, the forum assumes you have read all the posts within and will not show you that thread again until there is a new post added to it.

New posts is a great way to catch up if you've been away from the forum for a few days and want to see what you've missed. Read away and every time you reload the New Posts page it will show the latest 200 posts that you have not seen and hide all those you have read.

Recent Posts
Clicking recent posts simply returns the latest 200 posts whether you have seen them before or not. Recent posts is the best way to monitor the forum when you are visiting very regularly or are constantly online.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
You can filter out certain headings. For instance I filter out the U Shaped Lounge and read that separately. This then leaves more space for all the other threads.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My oh my this is a busy forum!

I'm only able to visit the forum in the evenings so I always head for http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/find-new/posts to see the new posts since my last visit.

The problem is, that page us limited to 200 posts (5x pages) so I always miss stuff :(

Is there a way around this 200-new-posts limitation?

Cheers!
Recent or new there doesn't seem to be any way to see more than the last five pages. TBH I never look beyond the first page, anything older than that is just history. :)

If there is an area which interests you I can only suggest going to that specific section, such as Continental Travel or Tech/Mech General where all threads with something new in them will be in bold.

But I wouldn't worry about out missing something, active threads always resurface at some point. :)

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
You can always do a search for a topic and it will bring up all in thread as a list

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
In your settings you can ignore some of the threads that are of no interest to you which will reduce what you are presented with to look at.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back