How Do I Replace This Part Please? (1 Viewer)

amentalcat

Free Member
May 3, 2015
Herts, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can someone help please?

In our Hymer kitchen, we have a small rooftop skylight which has an integrated air blower/sucker built in it. Having found a leak, we have discoved that there is no seal around it on the ouside but I am at a loss as to how to describe it to find a new one?, or maybe it didn't have one to start with?

Having tried to describe parts to Brownfields parts department before (I probably sounded a right numpty:LOL:), I think it might help if I at least know what it is called.

Cheers mates

Ali xx

p.s It is a 'Smiley' face B544 Hymer - Cant remember the reg number at the moment:rolleyes:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
They are bedded onto non-setting mastic. Unscrew, clean off old mastic, squirt of new and ooze it back.

OP
OP
amentalcat

amentalcat

Free Member
May 3, 2015
Herts, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I'm a newbie
Oh right, is there no seal around the inside edge at all then? (makes life a bit easier!)

Ta mates

Ali x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Oh right, is there no seal around the inside edge at all then? (makes life a bit easier!)

Not that I've seen. Our main rooflight started leaking, did above, no more. Ours is all screwed from inside, remove lower than brackets that hold upper.

I did fit a vent with fan to the bedroom and that had screws on top.

OP
OP
amentalcat

amentalcat

Free Member
May 3, 2015
Herts, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
I'm a newbie
I just found a picture of one with a black seal around the inside, but I think Tony is going to re-set it and cross his fingers that it solves the leakage.

Thanks a lot xx

Ali x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back