How Do I Remove The Dining Table, Please? (Benimar) (1 Viewer)

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Hi :) Can someone help me with removing my dining table, please? It's fitted to the rail and has a red button thing with a switch-type thing underneath the table. I've tried pushing the switch thing both ways but nothing happens....other than risking breaking my finger!! I asked the previous owner but he doesn't know, as he never removed it. He said he thinks you press the button and lift the table up but I can't get anything to happen. Can anyone help, please? It's mightily heavy, so I don't want to be pulling and pushing things wrong because, if it falls, it's going to hurt me or damage something :oops: :eek:

Here are some pics :) Thank you for any help :)

Attachments

• IMG_4120.jpg
    IMG_4120.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4121.jpg
    IMG_4121.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4122.jpg
    IMG_4122.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 40
Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
In my Burstner if you press the red button above the table it allows it to slide, we then lift the other end of the table up and this lets the brackets disengage from the track..hope this helps.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
If the Table has never been adjusted or moved, has the Release Button jammed? Had a similar problem with our Burstner Dining Table that jammed in the down position 2 months ago. Spent over 6 hours [about 2.5 hours locating a dropped screw and retrieving it from a cavity, admittedly!] freeing off the cam that was jammed solid with 5 years dust and grit and virtually no grease. Did a more thorough regrease of the cam 2 weeks ago and the Release button and cable now operate almost smoothly ... I'm tempted to have another lube session to see if I can get a 'totally smooth operation' rating! :unsure: :LOL:

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
In my Burstner if you press the red button above the table it allows it to slide, we then lift the other end of the table up and this lets the brackets disengage from the track..hope this helps.

Thank you so much. I tried this already but the button on the top doesn't seem to press anywhere. It's hard to tell from the picture but the red button is actually flush with the black bracket thing. Should it go down inside the bracket thing, please? Thank you :)

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
If the Table has never been adjusted or moved, has the Release Button jammed? Had a similar problem with our Burstner Dining Table that jammed in the down position 2 months ago. Spent over 6 hours [about 2.5 hours locating a dropped screw and retrieving it from a cavity, admittedly!] freeing off the cam that was jammed solid with 5 years dust and grit and virtually no grease. Did a more thorough regrease of the cam 2 weeks ago and the Release button and cable now operate almost smoothly ... I'm tempted to have another lube session to see if I can get a 'totally smooth operation' rating! :unsure: :LOL:

Steve

It's possible, I guess. If I knew how it 'should' work I could get a bit more heavy handed with it but I'm worried that, without understanding how it works, I could damage something. The red button thing is only a small plastic thing. I'll have another look tomorrow. Thanks :)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
same as our burstner you have to lift the far end quite high to release from the rail 10 12 inches of lift
#

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
same as our burstner you have to lift the far end quite high to release from the rail 10 12 inches of lift
#

Thank you so much. Can you tell me, when it releases from the rail, does it just fall off? Or does it just become loose so you can lift it? My table is wickedly heavy (and I'm not a weakling) and I'm worried about it damaging something if it suddenly drops and I can't hold it.....it's very shiny, bulky and has a weighty stand underneath it. Thanks :)

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Do the legs fold up to the underside of the table like a traditional caravan table ?
or are they those big heavy screw to the floor types ?

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Do the legs fold up to the underside of the table like a traditional caravan table ?
or are they those big heavy screw to the floor types ?

There's only one leg and it does fold up, kind of in half, so that the table can fit onto the lower rail to make the bed. I'll try to get a pic later. Can't do it now as I'm just dealing with a massive nose bleed!! :rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back