How do I remove autotrail mixer tap (1 Viewer)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We're sending our washbasin off to Derek Justice to get a new GRP one made but I can't work out how to get the tap off the basin. It is set into the corner of the basin so I can't remove the basin without taking it off. There is a nut underneath but it's in an impossible position behind the tambour doors and behind the pipes. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Mags

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi,usually the tap is removed with a top hat spanner in the house environment but in a motorhome it may need a special tool use a small mirror and a torch to see how it is secured to the sink it may be a simple circlip or it may be a large nut also the sink may be held in place with steel grips along its perimeter you will able to feel these if you run your hand around the underside . I would wear gloves whilst doing this job as some of the bits are quite sharp. Good luck

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Our taps have a press to release for the pipes, which I found out the hard way, you just may be able to unclip the pipes and leave the tap 'till the sink is out.

Or you ring the factory and ask if their deformed undernourished midget will get his little hand up the back and undo it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I removed the tap on our corner sink with an adjustable basin wrench, even then it was pretty tight, had to disconnect the two feed pipes and the micro switch electric cables too. Stick your camera phone in there and take a few pics to see what you are up against.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi.. I'm familiar with a couple methods of securing the taps to the sinks... but in the motor home it's usually been a large nut that will usually require a special spanner to get at it...
Something like this.
20170325_174816.jpg

The other fiting that I've seen used on sinks would just require a screwdriver to release the shaped plate...you might be able to make it out in the picture below.
20170325_174652.jpg

Pipes may have tails with either push fit or compression fittings which will have to be released.
Andy.

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Will the tap not come out as one and take off the sink later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 14, 2009
normandy
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
16 years
Remove the little stops on the tambour door runners (top and bottom) on the left of the cupboard as you look in, then slide the door out. Much easier to get the tap out when you can see what you are doing

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back