How do I get POI onto ipad TomTom (1 Viewer)

keithw

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
Oxford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ipad Tom Tom app

Have you tried this?:

Link Removed

I haven't, but Google search pointed to it.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Unfortunetly that is an app to add you own POI's and not to download a POI file such as Aires.
Shame - you would have thought that they'd have had something simple by now!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
TomTom foible ...

Hi, although you've probably the best satnav combination on the planet, it (like many of the new standalone systems) does not support adding your own poi files. However camping pois like ACSI Boardatlas etc are all avaiable in mainly free apps.

Havin ran Garmin alongside for the odd aire (Archie's Europe etc) we often find them disappointingly inaccurate and out of date.

If you are simply looking to create your own database in tomtom the favorites or photo fascility are so easy to use.:Smile:

Ps you can use your TomTom free on up to five devices:thumb:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Are you able to look into the iPad's folder structure to see where the TomTom POIs are normally stored? Does the iPad version have any POIs already?

This is possible on the standard TomTom SatNav unit which your computer will treat like any other USB storage device. You can transfer POIs manually without having to use purpose-built software.

I'm not familiar with the iPad version though - maybe that's different and more locked down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back