How do i get Eurosport ? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
I have Sky at home and view Eurosport mostly and use the Sky card in my box in the Van. But I am thinking of leaving Sky because they keep pushing the price up.
How can I get Eurosport via my Oyster on the van with out the Sky card?
colyboy

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Phone them (Sky) and cancel your subscription. They'll transfer you to their retentions department, who will offer you a cut price deal to stay.
We do it every year. Now on Sky Q with all channels, movies and sports etc for about £58 a month (y)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I agree about Sky hiking it every year. Really don't like them, but I have repeatedly cancelled or threatened to, they usually say that they can't offer a deal that month, but later agree some time after I have cancelled.
Alternatively, you can watch it on your laptop, there are a couple of suitable apps, Avenquest are presently offering Online TV 13 for under £20, the good thing about that is that there are no ads, and list Eurosport as being available. There is also a free online service whose name I have forgotten for the mo. Oh, yes, it's Filmon TV. That works OK. Both of these rely on a good internet signal and laptop, but do work abroad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Phone them (Sky) and cancel your subscription. They'll transfer you to their retentions department, who will offer you a cut price deal to stay.
We do it every year. Now on Sky Q with all channels, movies and sports etc for about £58 a month (y)

I think you and me have different ideas as to what's a deal. :LOL:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
F1? I watched the Goodwood 75th members meet on freesat, now that's entertainment.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
If the OP just wants to watch F1, it's available on German Europort on Astra 1 (obviously in German).

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
IF you have an android tablet try Mobdro there are loads of sports channels available.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
F1? I watched the Goodwood 75th members meet on freesat, now that's entertainment.
Ha!! was there last year. The other thing is that I was there in the day (not 75 years ago, but certainly before it closed down → obviously)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
A good wi fi signal needed but I have a firestick which various app that gives me lots of. Channels,movies and sports. Including Mobdro as mentioned.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997

£58 a month, that's more than I paid before I rang them to cancel, now paying £32 a month, without sports and movies.

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
If the OP just wants to watch F1, it's available on German Europort on Astra 1 (obviously in German).

That's what we always do when we're at Le Mans 24h for live coverage. We mute the TV and turn the radio on for the commentary.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

That's fine but you can't use Sky Q in your van. Different LNB so the box won't work, different type of viewing card so it won't work in an old HD box.

I've been through all the various possibilities and currently there is no way you can do it with an automatic dish.

If you had a freestanding dish you could change the LNB on that, bring your SkyQ box from home and it would work as long as you aim it perfectly but that's the only way at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The internet based solutions are all very well if you happen to be somewhere where you can get a decent connection.

If not then they're about as much use as a Swift in the rain.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

This.

You can find Eurosport in various languages on various satellites. I believe even British Eurosport is lurking on one of the more obscure ones.

It's just a case of going through them and making a note of what you find so you can go back to it easily.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back