How did you get on at Brownhills Betty? (1 Viewer)

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I just wondered if all your problems were sorted now.

Has their customer service improved after the slating they have had in the past?

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
Hi Steve, as you could guess it was a total waste of time ,When we brought our motorhome from Brownhills of Cannock they did'nt send off the extra 2nd and 3rd year guarantee to M.B&G who underight all warrantee work in the 2nd and 3rd year .We had been intouch with Lunar who have helped us to get this set up as Newark did'nt want to know . So with the guarantee in place Newark told us to go ove and they would see to the work ,and you can guess the rest . They took the van in and then phoned me to say that none off the jobs were covered under warrantee and had to pay £107 to let them look at it ,when tackeled over this they said well it tells you in your warrentee guide .Yes you guessed it we did'nt have one because it was not put in place by Brownhills of Cannock .What they implyed was not our problem .The moral of this is beware when you are new to buying a new motorhome .Never had this problem when we brought new caravans .

Betty
:cry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sorry to say it but you probably wouldnt be having this trouble now if you hadnt gone to brownhills to start with:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
Hi Peter, They were really only little niggly bits of things that Peter could do his self , but when we had new caravans we never touched anything until it was 3 years old and we thought motorhomes were the same , but it looks like its not , they said you could have looked in your warrantee book to see whats covered ,but we have'nt had one because Cannock did'nt give use one .Whats so madding is if they had told us this then there would have been no need to do a 120mile round trip that cost us £107 for the privlidge.
Betty

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Sorry to hear this Betty.

Just for one second, I had hoped they had sorted themselves out after the major reshuffle earlier in the year.:Doh:

What do Lunar have to say about all this.Ok they have helped sort out the warranty but you need all the documentation INCLUDING the warranty guide.

It's not doing them much good if Brownhills are selling their products and then giving this dire service?

Why should Peter have to sort this?You've had hassles right from the purchase.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
£107 seems a lot of money for doing nothing, didnt they they ask you what needed doing when they made the workshop booking.

Peter

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
To be honest Steve im glad to see the back of Brownhills and as i said before Lunar no longer deal with Brownhills of Newark , so what does that tell you .

Betty

verity23

Free Member
Sep 20, 2008
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 Years
Hi Steve, as you could guess it was a total waste of time ,When we brought our motorhome from Brownhills of Cannock they did'nt send off the extra 2nd and 3rd year guarantee to M.B&G who underight all warrantee work in the 2nd and 3rd year .We had been intouch with Lunar who have helped us to get this set up as Newark did'nt want to know . So with the guarantee in place Newark told us to go ove and they would see to the work ,and you can guess the rest . They took the van in and then phoned me to say that none off the jobs were covered under warrantee and had to pay £107 to let them look at it ,when tackeled over this they said well it tells you in your warrentee guide .Yes you guessed it we did'nt have one because it was not put in place by Brownhills of Cannock .What they implyed was not our problem .The moral of this is beware when you are new to buying a new motorhome .Never had this problem when we brought new caravans .

Betty
:cry:

Hi Betty Brownhills never, never again. They do not care or are interested after you walk out the door, after your purchase. Had many dealings with Brownhills Swindon and I would without hesitation talk anyone out of purchasing anything from Brownhills.
Having said that I decided to not give Brownhills any peace when I wanted warrenty work carried out and did complete the work and paid exspenses.
Pete

Last edited:
OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
To be honest Steve im glad to see the back of Brownhills and as i said before Lunar no longer deal with Brownhills of Newark , so what does that tell you .

Betty

It amazes me that companies like this can keep going.

I guess their positioning in Newark enables them to lure in unsuspecting customers who are not aware of their reputation.

I've not been to the others.

Certainly the members of this forum are much more aware now and I really would have thought they would have bucked their ideas up.

Can you deal with another company now Lunar have "pulled the plug" on them?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back