How can I make my Peugeot 2.8 Hdi engine cleaner? (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
With diesel engines in the news because of particle pollution, what can I do to reduce toxic emissions? I have a 2005 Peugeot engine. How much cleaner are the newer engines and should I consider trading in my MH for a new one? Thanks.

Sheldon C

Free Member
Mar 30, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Euromobil 695EB Profila
Exp
Since 1995
Not worth bothering about, at the rate China starts up new coal fired power stations it means nothing globally and VW scandal means can you trust any of them.

I believe if the whole of the UK went 100% green tomorrow the benefit of reduction in emissions would be overturned in a matter of 2 weeks.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Not worth bothering about, at the rate China starts up new coal fired power stations it means nothing globally.

I believe if the whole of the UK went 100% green tomorrow the benefit of reduction in emissions would be overturned in a matter of 2 weeks.
Must have finished building them now, the scrap price of copper tumbled a year or two back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You would need a Euro 6 engine if you want the lowest emissions, which means a brand new vehicle. Or buy a petrol engined RV. :)
It's a nice thought but realistically it would just be a gesture. If you want to avoid causing harm to folk just stay out of cities. Nothing to do with power stations in China, the pollution is very local around busy main roads and for example schools when the kids are being collected. :)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
With diesel engines in the news because of particle pollution, what can I do to reduce toxic emissions? I have a 2005 Peugeot engine. How much cleaner are the newer engines and should I consider trading in my MH for a new one? Thanks.
If you sell your motorhome,the person who buys it may do more miles than you do,thus more particulates.
Then,if you buy a newer model,the carbon footprint resulting from its manufacture has to be considered. You would probably need to live till you are 185 for it to make any difference.
So,my advice to you is to have another gin and tonic. But if you don't like g and t,why not just go and sit under a tree with a good book,or someone who's just read one.;)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
You would need a Euro 6 engine if you want the lowest emissions, which means a brand new vehicle. Or buy a petrol engined RV. :)
It's a nice thought but realistically it would just be a gesture. If you want to avoid causing harm to folk just stay out of cities. Nothing to do with power stations in China, the pollution is very local around busy main roads and for example schools when the kids are being collected. :)

I totally agree with John here. Motorhomes aren't really the problem, look at it this way, we tend to be mobile after 9am & stick to country roads. Now if our way was to travel past schools & trundle about city centres then that would add to emmisions from the worst offenders ie: buses & taxi's, there'd be cause for concern, but thats not how the average motorhomer (is there such a word lol) goes about their business. Please don't be led by the popular press & media who just adore a scare story & will gladly tell lies to increase viewing & sales. The only fact newspapers get right is the date, as for the rest of it, I can't see the attraction. I personally haven't bought a newspaper for 20 yrs, I personally got fed up with newspaper editors trying to tell me what to vote & how to think.

Free your mind, don't read newspapers & think for yourself, life will be sweeter without sensationalism & whats happening in East Enders, trust me please. (y)

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
My daughters partner had his car terracleand and it is running smoother and also the I'm is imissions are lower cost £90 at his house

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back