How can I clean a Heki? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I have had a look for tips etc but did not come up with an answer as to how to clean the delicate bits of a Heki.
Last year in Spain there were several minor dust storms when sand and other fine particles of seeds etc landed inside the Heki, on top of the corrugated fly screen and card screen. I have a compressor but am nervous about damaging the two sliding screens which seem very prone to being deformed. So how do you clean your units?
Alan

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Prise out the hidden screw covers and
take em apart, ie take out only the inner frame and screens as a complete assembly and then clean as required then re fit(y)
ps all the inside stuff is purely cosmetic, there are no seals to concern yourself with you wont cause any leaks either

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Thank you very much but removing that part of the assembly, will it affect the guide wires so that they need re-tensioning?
Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I just cleaned our mini-Heki flyscreen. The inner frame holding the blind and flyscreen just unclips from the main body. Once off you can either remove the flyscreen as I did or clean it in-situ. No need to disconnect any of the strings that operate the blinds. Ours was covered in grease and dust but cleaned up well in a bucket of warm water with a soft brush. There are instructions on the Dometic website on how to remove the frame but basically just pulled one corner down with your fingers then prise off the rest.

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Geo for president! Cleaning the Heki was just as described by him and thanks to his advice and the superb build quality of Heki, mine is none too soon clean. I found the corrugated fly screen was much dirtier than expected, with the little holes clogged with sand.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back