How busy is the Valencia area? (1 Viewer)

Sep 6, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Low-profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Good evening all, we are catching the ferry to Spain in two weeks (8th April) the plan is to take a few days to travel to Valencia. After exploring the city we planned to spend 10 days travelling down the coast to Murcia, where my wife will fly home and I'll have a leisurely quiet drive back to Bilbao. Having seen a lot of comments that it is busier than usual in this area I wondered how busy it really is. We were hoping for a quietish break. If we give the coastal route a miss what is the inland area like around here and any suggestions will be gratefully received.
Many thanks

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
You should be okay by then, there are plenty of pitches now at La Manga and suspect that it will be the same elsewhere. We head for home on Monday as are many others.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
The Valencia Fallas festival has finished but now it's Semana Santa, which is a very big holiday long weekend /week for Spanish people.

But you'll be fine once Easter is out of the way

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
theapples
Sep 6, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Low-profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks to both of you for the update, I feel more at ease now.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We are 15km south of Valencia at a wild spot, Camper Contact 63225 plenty of room, not had any problems anywhere.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Might be worth asking again nearing your planned dates.....get Easter out of the way and also most of the winter visitors have gone should make a difference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Have a look at ValenciaCamperpark, https://www.valenciacamperpark.com/?lang=en It's nothing fancy but has all the facilities and is only a short (10mins at most) walk from the Metro station which will take you into the centre of Valencia. Walk (or cycle - you can take a bike on the Metro or hire one) along the Turia Gardens to the Palau de les Arts, a futuristic building, visit the indoor market, the cathedral.

You can book a pitch at the Camperpark and they'll sell you a bargain priced ticket for the Metro and are very helpful. They also do a good paella.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back