• Do you need a house sitter? Are you a house sitter? Use this forum to hook up with each other and arrange house-sitting and pet care etc.  MotorhomeFun takes no responsibility for any aspect of the house sit and only provides this forum as a way of introduction. Vetting and due diligence is the responsibility of the individual.  You are advised to use a formal agreement an example of which can be found here

HOUSE OWNERS
    Tell us roughly where you are, the dates you require, what you are looking for, if you accept pets, largest motorhome you could accommodate etc.

SITTERS
    Tell us about you, your van, any pets, any house sitting experience, where you would travel to etc

House Sitter Reqd House Sitter wanted in Granada (Spain) in exchange for borrowing Motorhome (August 2018)! (1 Viewer)

beepbeepjim

Free Member
May 31, 2018
Funster No
Hi everybody!

Just putting this one out there - we live in a 4 bedroom house in Granada, Spain, on a hill overlooking the ancient city of the Albaicin (5-10 mins walk downhill) and walking distance to the city centre. We have three different terraces from which to enjoy the sunsets, and this is one of the few places which still has FREE tapas in most bars. That's right: buy a drink (around 2E) and get a plate of delicious food for free. Life here is relaxed, tasty and cheap. We are also close to a bus-stop to avoid walking up the hill once full of tapas.

We are looking for a house-sitter from approximately 1st-15th August as we are travelling to the South West of France for a wedding... however we would love to lend you our house in exchange for use of your motorhome for this journey!

Please get in touch if this might be of interest, Granada is an amazing place and our home is spacious, tranquil, well located and has access to a shared pool.

I can take/share photos if required. We have two small kids so whatever size of vehicle would fit us all in.

Thanks,

Jim

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Jim, it would be a nice 'deal' but unfortunately if you are a permanent resident in Spain you won't be able to drive a UK registered MH. If you are still a UK resident then you might be able to but I doubt if anyone would agree to do it.

Sorry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you needed a house sitter and offered to allow someone to park their motorhome on your grounds then I don't think you will have any problem. As for using their motorhome that's a big ask and as already pointed out license and insurance issues.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Potential risk factors do not stack up im afraid this will be a non starter

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I'm afraid you will be very lucky if anyone takes you up on this offer. Our motorhomes are our pride and joys. I don't allow my other half to drive it and only allow accompanied viewing so no way would I part with it for someone to head off into the sunset, especially someone I don't know and certainly not with 2 small children.
I'm not sure how much experience you have of motorhomes, but it is not like lending out your home, they are far more susceptible to bumps and scrapes, inside and out and are very difficult to put right once damaged.
I would suggest you start looking at Motorhome Hire Companies if a motorhome is your choice going forward. As others have said, rental is not cheap.

Ducto

Free Member
May 19, 2018
M Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Campervan since 2003
Money plus house-sitting might persuade some but unlikely for the reasons already stated.
Not an enticement at all I'm afraid

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Nice try for a first post from a none member. If you had done a bit of homework like reading through the other house sitting threads you would have noticed that "house sitting" involves parking up on the property in your Moho and acting as night watchman. With respect what your looking for is a house swap.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back