hotmail / outlook email not accessible (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
A BIG help please

Went to log on this evening which usually is through Firefox, got this message -

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect
securely to dub002.mail.live.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely,
sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to
this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is
trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

dub002.mail.live.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is only valid for .
(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Then tried directly through outlook.com (that's the email outlook) and got this message -

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Broken Link RemovedClick here to close this webpage.

Broken Link RemovedContinue to this website (not recommended).

Broken Link Removed More information

<LI id=errorExpl1>If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting. <LI id=errorExpl2>When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.
For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

Tried to just type in the hotmail and outlook addresses (2) through google to manually sign in, same messages. I can access the details of the accounts but not the accounts themselves.

Have used our Bullguard full scan and nothing untoward.

Have tried this on a second computer, same results.

Does anyone know what this means or is there currently a known problem with hotmail / outlook?

Thanks

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I have had this on Firefox, ignored it and carried on without a problem but dont take my advice just in case.

You could always try using IE instead of Firefox and see what that does

Peter

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
I have had this on Firefox, ignored it and carried on without a problem but dont take my advice just in case.

[HI]You could always try using IE instead of Firefox and see what that does[/HI]

Peter

Yes that was the second message Peter, then I went on to access through google finding the site, same message as through IE.

I did try through Firefox ignoring the warning but it refused to connect after me agreeing to ignore the warning and allowing the use of the 'wrong' certificate.

By the way, bought a Fiamma water pump through your business a few months ago, got to say the price was pretty good but the service and packing were stupendous. Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
I was on it earlier Veevee without any probs.... just tried again and all appears OK....

Simon

stig60

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Keighley
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2010
Just been on no problems using Chrome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If you have htpps:// as part of the URL try logging in with http://

another option if you are using Outlook.com, make sure there is at least one email in the Inbox Folder. This error has supposed to have been corrected by MSoft.

Both these errors may occur on any browser including IE8, 9 and 10 it made me smile that IE was throwing up an untrusted message for Hotmail/Livemail/Outlook !

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Thanks to all. This morning 09:25 it is working as usual. Never had this before but reader I will remember the http/https in future should it happen again and always loads of emails in the inbox.

What puzzled me is, was this just our accounts or the area we are in etc as it hasn't affected anyone else. Having 2 accounts and 2 different computers rules out it being either computer orientated or an individual account.

Hey ho, computers and software...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back