Merseyside.
Funster No
MH
Hightop.
Exp
17yrs.
Hi,
This may be a stupid question with a simple answer but its cracking me up:cry:

Updated lappy to explorer 7, Installed Norton 360 and now when I go to my Email the page won't open, Keeps coming up with a message that the license has been revoked for this site (MSN Live Messenger)
When I receive mail it dings to let me know but just can't open the page to look at it:Sad:

Any help gratefully received.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Dawn

I put IE7 on a while back, and I had so many problems I took it off again.
Keith has it on his laptop, and whilst it works (because apparently the bugs have been fixed) it slows his machine down tremendously.

And I have just remembered, one of the problems I experienced is that I couldn't open Excel or Word......

PS. Had a look at your website Dawn, t-shirts look great........don't forget to bring some to the next meet/rally!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Dawn

Dawn

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
Merseyside.
Funster No
MH
Hightop.
Exp
17yrs.
Hi & Thanx Digger & Sharon.

Think I'll try Mozilla Firefox, But sods law just tried again & it opened my mail:Doh:

P.S. Sharon still working on the site, still loads to add but thanx for the nice compliment:thumb:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Each to their own with web browsers I guess, but after years of glitchy Explorer antics, and all its serious security scares, I moved to Firefox about 2 years ago now, and its brilliant. And fast. For email, I have used Thunderbird (by the Firefox developers) which is excellent as well as Incredimail - very nice window dressing and cute graphics, as well as great features, but it can start to eat up resources if you choose the wallpaper etc and you do get nagged to "upgrade" (ie PAY) for a version with all sorts of basically unnecessary features.

If you want an incredibly fast and tiny web browser, then Opera has to be it - can even be ported about on a memory usb stick if you move between computers.

Laurie

R

reader

Deleted User
Would agree with the others about Firefox being a better browser, but that said I havnt had any problems on PC or Laptop with IE7. I would be looking at the Norton Software as being part of the problem.
Are you using the browser to read hotmail ? If so go onto Windows Live and have a look at Windows Live Mail (it used to be called Windows Live Mail Desktop) This replacement for Outlook and Outlook Express will allow you to download Hotmail emails like normal POP3 accounts

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I have IE 7 on Desktop and Lappy-so far no probs.My immediate reaction on reading your post was that Norton could be a contributary factor.I ran Norton for a couple of yrs and was amazed at how much better everything was when I took it off and loaded McAfee Network Associates for anti-virus and NoAdware for control of Spy ware.
It is,of course,'horses for courses' :Smile: I use AOL as my ISP and love it,but,use IE for playing Pool online.It's all in the configurations-master that and you've solved the problems of the Universe :roflmto: Good Luck,Mike.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mike I agree about Norton, it really slows systems down and causes many programs to break or perform poorly. I hate it. I now use Kaspersky for virus protection and it is much less a drain on system resources and doesn't interfere with other programs.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I have IE 7 on Desktop and Lappy-so far no probs.My immediate reaction on reading your post was that Norton could be a contributary factor.I ran Norton for a couple of yrs and was amazed at how much better everything was when I took it off and loaded McAfee Network Associates for anti-virus and NoAdware for control of Spy ware.
It is,of course,'horses for courses' :Smile: I use AOL as my ISP and love it,but,use IE for playing Pool online.It's all in the configurations-master that and you've solved the problems of the Universe :roflmto: Good Luck,Mike.

btw - how do you take Norton off, tried several times to take it off my laptop, it was preloaded, and cannot. Says subscription has run out in a pop up all the time, never subscribed (free trial thingy) and don't want it !

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
There you go, you can't even uninstall this horrible product when you want to.

There is a Link Removed Available, everyone who suffers with Norton should use it::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Dawn

Dawn

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
Merseyside.
Funster No
MH
Hightop.
Exp
17yrs.
Hi & Thanx everyone for your help :thumb:

Just installed firefox & so far performing much better (even with norton 360::bigsmile:)
Got my mail & Norton doesn't keep asking to restart:Eeek:
Might just go back to zonealarm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back