Hot water & heating question (1 Viewer)

mikey70

Free Member
Nov 4, 2017
Funster No
hi I have a 2008 autotrail tracker eks se and I’ve just drained down for the winter , however , we are booked on a site for xmas and I have a question regarding “ heating without any water in system “ if I plug in EHU my water automatically gets hot , but if there’s no water in the system and assuming it’s cold therefore I won’t be filling up , will I burn out the element ? We just want to be warm without causing problems , Please help !

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We used to have a 2006 AT Tracker EKS, if I recall correctly, in ours I think you could isolate the boiler / hot water from the gas fire used for habitation heating. Is that not the case for you?

If you are referring to water getting hot automatically when on EHU, that suggests the electric heating element in the boiler is switched on, for which presumably there should be a switch to turn off (think our switch for such was in the wardrobe, which was located above the boiler)? It may also be dependent on which Truma system is onboard.

That said, if you are staying in the van at Xmas, will you not want/need hot water? Hopefully you have the user manuals for the vehicle?

OP
OP
mikey70

mikey70

Free Member
Nov 4, 2017
Funster No
Thank you for your reply and I can now remember seeing 2 switches in the bottom of the wardrobe down on the right ! 1 of which defanatly says water on it , yes the boiler if underneath still , So presumably I switch that off when on EHU , I do have the manuals but they are a bit vague on the subject if not rather confusing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back