Hot water for the sink only..which heater? (1 Viewer)

Mr Meenah

Free Member
Jun 27, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
'10 lwb Sprinter, project
I wasn't going to put a shower in ( although that might change ) so if I need hot water for the sink only is there a simple water heater to use?

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Personally I don't see that it makes any difference whether the hot water is for one or two taps?????------ you would almost certainly only use one tap at a time??------ if hot water is for sink only maybe a kettle on the gas---------- or electric if you have solar????

OP
OP
Mr Meenah

Mr Meenah

Free Member
Jun 27, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
'10 lwb Sprinter, project
Please bear with me as it's my first build ill be starting soon. My thought process is that I could save money and space by possibly having a smaller heater.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
almost every one i know use similer to this one ,https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-Prop...118982?hash=item48c5705646:g:bZgAAOSwM7lcnchO
these days fit them in a seperate locker or something . just run a pipe in to where you need it .
i only feed my shower ,if i need hot water at the sink either take some through the shower or boil a kettle .
mind filling the washing machine is easier through the shower.
some build a seperate add on box to put the gas heater in . and have it hung on the rear of the vehicle .

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
almost every one i know use similer to this one ,https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-Prop...118982?hash=item48c5705646:g:bZgAAOSwM7lcnchO
these days fit them in a seperate locker or something . just run a pipe in to where you need it .
i only feed my shower ,if i need hot water at the sink either take some through the shower or boil a kettle .
some build a seperate add on box to put the gas heater in . and have it hung on the rear of the vehicle .
What power requirement Alan?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I haven't decided yet possibly propane as its easy to install and readily available hete in the UK. I don't know about Europe though
There's your answer.
Why have the cost of two heaters, one for water & one for warmth.
A standard motorhome heater does both in one unit and you can have as many taps as you want.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I would be very careful with that type of water heater it's not clear from that add weather it is open or powered flue what I can see of it appears to be open flue and will need large vents for both combustion air and compartment cooling

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I would be very careful with that type of water heater it's not clear from that add weather it is open or powered flue what I can see of it appears to be open flue and will need large vents for both combustion air and compartment cooling
Agreed, looking at the size of the four side vents and the single back vent it needs a LOT of induction air and is designed for open, well ventilated rooms, not enclosed spaces.
It even states 'not to be installed in a bathroom'... Bathrooms being relatively small.

After watching a YouTube video of that model it is an open flue of about 75mm

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Agreed, looking at the size of the four side vents and the single back vent it needs a LOT of induction air and is designed for open, well ventilated rooms, not enclosed spaces.
It even states 'not to be installed in a bathroom'... Bathrooms being relatively small.

After watching a YouTube video of that model it is an open flue of about 75mm
many it them in a seperate locker thats well vented .
mind my morco is inside the trailer and it was ok to fit them when i converted it .
it works ok but was expensive . i only really use it with the side door half open.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
When I started out, there were no gas heaters. All hot water came from a gas kettle. Not that I'd want to go back now, but just reflecting on the fact that water can be heated on the hob and you can survive.
For independent heating, I'd go for a simple Truma S type heater (no blown air). It works without electricity and heats small spaces well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back