Free Member
Apr 17, 2014
London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Hi
I have a FF Tabbert, Alko chassis with a Fiat drive chain 1987.

The problem is the heating and too much of it. The knob is in the cool position ie all the way to the right, its still pumping hot air into the cab.

Where do I start looking to remedy this.

Many thanks

:thumb:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Your heating system is right on the crux of change, but I think that the control lever pushes a vent to the inside of the cab for hot, or the outside for cold. You may be able to lie on the cab floor, look up, and shove the panel to vent outside with a screwdriver, as a short term measure. If it is the sliding vent type, they work on a cable, which probably wont have snapped, but the plastic holding clip may have.
If it's the earlier type, the hot water is switched off by a cable control to an engine valve, but I think it's the vent panel with yours.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
1987 Fiat base is also known as Talbot Express, the hot cold control on the dash connects to a tap in the heater circuit under the right hand side of the dash. Its not unknown for this tap to sieze up and/or the operating cable to come off. Replacement valves are not available anymore but I have known a simple gate valve to be fitted on the heater pipe allowing manual control, albeit byy fiddling around in the right hand footwell.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
1987 Fiat base is also known as Talbot Express, the hot cold control on the dash connects to a tap in the heater circuit under the right hand side of the dash. Its not unknown for this tap to sieze up and/or the operating cable to come off. Replacement valves are not available anymore but I have known a simple gate valve to be fitted on the heater pipe allowing manual control, albeit byy fiddling around in the right hand footwell.

D.

Thanks Dave, I was struggling with the year as to which system was fitted. :thumb::thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
someone might have bypassed the heater matrix control valve,because it was leaking or faulty:cry:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
A knob producing too much hot air eh?

Was your van pre-owned by a politician?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spinout

Spinout

Free Member
Apr 17, 2014
London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
A knob producing too much hot air eh?

Was your van pre-owned by a politician?

More than likely!

Thanks everyone. I managed to close the valve manually, under the dash which seem to do the job.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back