Hosepipe query?? | Page 2 | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

Hosepipe query??

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
We have about 30m of hose.

We have that much as I did carry 20m and then last time out it was too short by 1m and I couldn't get closer to the tap. Took me ages trying to squirt the bloody water into the filler hole.

For those times when we really aren't close enough I use an aquaroll and a submersible pump to get it into the motorhome powered from the cigarette lighter by the door.

We have a massive garage and not much payload so the hose is no problem as it isn't that heavy and we have lots of spare room. We use the aquaroll to carry extra water too when needed.

I did think of a watering can but we never use site showers and I would need at least 10 trips for a full tank.

Each to their own though and you have to find what works for you.

May 12, 2018
Charente 16230 Fr
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo t665
Exp
Low Profile 'C' class - Since 2017
You can get a small 'rotary' hand pump which would do the job, not sure if they would be suitable to use for 'drinking' water but OK for washing - up/showers etc.,

There are 'Stainless Steel' - food grade - ones used in the wineries but they fairly large and 'cost a bomb'.

Robert

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido &Bongone
As with others variety of sizes 2m 10m 30m of layflat food grade. Lots of connectors and things, including a gardena meter. The obligatory folding water can (rarely used). 2 folding buckets 10 l plastic, fill van with whale pump. The pump is also used to tranfer from an aquaroll 40l taken in toad when used. What else do you need, a tank bigger than 65l that overflows into the van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
As with others variety of sizes 2m 10m 30m of layflat food grade. Lots of connectors and things, including a gardena meter. The obligatory folding water can (rarely used). 2 folding buckets 10 l plastic, fill van with whale pump. The pump is also used to tranfer from an aquaroll 40l taken in toad when used. What else do you need, a tank bigger than 65l that overflows into the van.
My tank’s 140 litres and doesn’t over flow.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Whatever length of hose you get, Sod will conspire to make sure it's always a few inches short! Get a short one. That will suffice in most circumstances. If not, you can always borrow form someone proud to show-off their 'collection'.
I also take two watering cans. These will overcome any distance. I take two for balance. They are cheap plastic, so lightweight, and have never been used for anything else. I don't bother with 'food grade'. If you worry about that kind of thing, change them more frequently. Always keep them away from sunlight - that's what the bugs need to survive.

Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika 712
Exp
I think if you've been a caravan owner for many years and then change to a motorhome, you will find that things are different. I would suggest seeing how you go before you get bogged down with hosepipes you think you need.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starlet 2
Exp
May 2019
You can always borrow a longer one or an extension from a friendly neighbour. After all we all enjoy the same hobby and it might lead to making a new friend to chat to.🤗

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Buy a watering can. Ours is ten litres and I top up every couple of days. Don’t need to worry about hose pipes, don’t need to move moho. 👍
Same here,tried hosepipes but never in a hurry and usually in the sunshine so 10 mins with the watering can is a bit of healthy exercise..Only carry a 14 litre watering can now..BUSBY.

Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Johns Cross
West Country Motorhomes