Free Member
Jun 15, 2015
Near Amersham
Funster No
MH
Iveco Cargo Horsebox!
Exp
Jan 2015
Hi everyone - I am the proud new owner of a Iveco Cargo 6.5 tonne lorry and am attempting to fit out the living! Currently have a new fridge and electrics sorted but am trying to hook up the new Smev gas hob/sink! Any advice on that area would be greatly appreciated! Up to my elbows in paint too so rather busy with my new project!

Lorry spending the day at the garage tomorrow to fix a couple of little mechanical issues but nothing too serious - hopefully!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Good luck and Hi from Devon
smiley-41.jpg

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi from East Sussex and :welc:
If you are struggling with the gas side of things I would suggest you contact a professional. That is something you really don't want to make any mistakes on.
There are a couple of Funsters that are adept at self build (@Ralph-n-Bev and @Terry ) and I am sure they wouldn't mind answering any questions you may have.
Some progress pictures would be great (y)
Good luck with it.
You may have to part with a tenner and subscribe if you have any more than 5 questions :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome (y) nothing much to the gas if you are confident/competent -8 mm copper pipe and compression fittings can be bought from Toolstaion/plumbers merchants and regulator from http://www.magnummotorhomes.co.uk/
in fact everything you need can be got from Magnums (y) either call in and buy it all in one go or ask to speak to Ken tell him your requirements and he will put you right and post it out -Don't forget to put gas drop vents in ;)
I should add if you are unsure then get a plumber or gas fitter/gas safe to do the job,it will not cost a fortune
terry

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Welcome. Post some pictures of your progress we'd love to see them. I'm sure the other members would love to too.
We're doing our own self build too. A lot smaller project than yours . But it's taking ages to do.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rb-panel-van-conversion-begins.100614/
Ralph only has weekends and the odd evening to do it. We can't wait till " Pug" is finished and we can use him properly . Being unfinished hadn't stopped us going to a handful of meets though. We're so near , but yet so far. As Terry says Magnums is a great place to source stuff. Google is your friend. :welc:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back