hope to go belgium to buy motorhome nov or december (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Why Belgium? A good place to go to for beer but what makes it better for MHs than say Germany?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why Belgium? A good place to go to for beer but what makes it better for MHs than say Germany?
Prices as good if not better than Germany, closer easier to get to, dealers will drive the van to the port for you, so you don't need to take the risk of driving on 3rd party insurance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
What happens in the case of warranty work, if needed, in the case of foreign purchases? Must you return to (say) Belgium or is a UK arrangement made for such work?

Curious, Bryan

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
If you let me know what makes I will make a list for you.
Do you speak French
If not the Flemish dealers may be beter they all speak English.
The Walloon dealers think they speak English:)
They will all do there upmost best to give good service.

Mel

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
What happens in the case of warranty work, if needed, in the case of foreign purchases? Must you return to (say) Belgium or is a UK arrangement made for such work?

Curious, Bryan
Hymer like most German manufacturers have a pan European warranty, you can take it to any Hymer dealer in Europe, take ours to our local UK one.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011

Curious, Bryan
Warranty work on Hymers can be done in UK ours is being done at Premier ,Chichester.very good service.

OP
OP
ravensworth

ravensworth

Free Member
Sep 2, 2011
sunderland
Funster No
MH
iveco
Exp
thank for the reply i have no model or make in mined i want twin beds at rear low down not bothered about garage small sitting area at front seating for four there is only me and the better half to use the motorhome i am open to sergestion happy to spend few day looking round belgium many thanks denis

Reactions: Mel
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
May I respectfully suggest that before you head for Belgium that you do some homework/research locally and visit some dealers to draw up a short list of the models you prefer.
Next - find out how much the models of your choice cost in the UK - that will enable you to compare prices in Europe
Do you have s budget in mind? - if not you could end up spending more than you need to
When you've chosen a few possible models you can search online, and ask on this forum, how reliable they are - try to learn from other people's mistakes
Best of luck !

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
thank for the reply i have no model or make in mined i want twin beds at rear low down not bothered about garage small sitting area at front seating for four there is only me and the better half to use the motorhome i am open to sergestion happy to spend few day looking round belgium many thanks denis

An idea on budget would be helpful. Best to get it down to a few models and makes before going there....3500 or above?

Reactions: Mel

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Have a look at this ahttp://Broken Link Removed
Rapido 9065df
Detleft do a simuler one with a cab not A class

Might give you an idea what you are looking for.

Mel

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
An idea on budget would be helpful. Best to get it down to a few models and makes before going there....3500 or above?

And a class or whatever you call the ones with a cab

The a class is almost immposible at 3500 kg
Unless you go down market to Hymer:reel:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
We went to Belgium last August ,we had decided on a rapido 9000dfh we knew the spec that we wanted so after having it priced in the UK ,it was off to Belgium to visit all three rapido dealers ,we went first to decuper in poperinge, it's about 45 mins from the dunkirk ferry ,we gave their salesman the same rapido spec and he came up with a euro price that was almost parity with the pound price and it worked out at a saving of £23000 on the UK price
all of the Belgian dealers spoke very good English we checked out the other two but their first price was much higher than decuper ,they did come down to matching decuper price after we showed them the written quote
we weighed things up and went with decuper ,they took our deposit and promised a Feb delivery ,so far they have kept us abreast of the situation and we should be heading over in Jan for a first look at the Mh and a finalising of the extras ,decuper have dealt with brits in the past and we're aware of how to go about getting export plates etc
the salesman's name is albert and if you want I can dig out his phone number

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We went to Belgium last August ,we had decided on a rapido 9000dfh we knew the spec that we wanted so after having it priced in the UK ,it was off to Belgium to visit all three rapido dealers ,we went first to decuper in poperinge, it's about 45 mins from the dunkirk ferry ,we gave their salesman the same rapido spec and he came up with a euro price that was almost parity with the pound price and it worked out at a saving of £23000 on the UK price
all of the Belgian dealers spoke very good English we checked out the other two but their first price was much higher than decuper ,they did come down to matching decuper price after we showed them the written quote
we weighed things up and went with decuper ,they took our deposit and promised a Feb delivery ,so far they have kept us abreast of the situation and we should be heading over in Jan for a first look at the Mh and a finalising of the extras ,decuper have dealt with brits in the past and we're aware of how to go about getting export plates etc
the salesman's name is albert and if you want I can dig out his phone number

well done.....£23000 a great saving all for an away day in Belgium:D

And a class or whatever you call the ones with a cab

The a class is almost immposible at 3500 kg
Unless you go down market to Hymer:reel:

Errr.....There are a few that work..but I agree not many. But most van fronted coachbuilt are longer and heavier:censored:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Tellephone number for Decuyper is 003257337777
The Owner is Bart DeCuyper

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Most vans with twin beds they are high over a large garage. Hymer do an option of lower twin beds in their "Broken Link Removed" range.

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
I know this is a bit off topic, but if I bought a left hand drive motorhome from Belgium, would the insurance be more expensive than buying a right hand drive one in the uk?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I know this is a bit off topic, but if I bought a left hand drive motorhome from Belgium, would the insurance be more expensive than buying a right hand drive one in the uk?
No, insurance is the same price for either, though your insurers will ask which it is

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back