LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I have my news from what I think is a reliable source.

Ive just heard that The Scottish Gov have sent out a letter to all councils telling them all overnight parking restrictions for motorhomes must be lifted and any obstructions removed. Wouldn't this be good if its correct. I have asked for the written info to be forwarded to me once its received by the person whose just told me.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I have my news from what I think is a reliable source.

Ive just heard that The Scottish Gov have sent out a letter to all councils telling them all overnight parking restrictions for motorhomes must be lifted and any obstructions removed. Wouldn't this be good if its correct. I have asked for the written info to be forwarded to me once its received by the person whose just told me.
Wow, now that would be marvellous news. Please keep us posted.šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ„ƒ

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Taking your words literally it seems too good to be true! Iā€™m not shooting the messenger. :giggle:

Only time will tell.........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Taking your words literally it seems too good to be true! Iā€™m not shooting the messenger. :giggle:

Only time will tell.........
I agree , it does doesn't it. Thats why I've asked for a copy of the wording.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I agree , it does doesn't it. Thats why I've asked for a copy of the wording.
'Cynicism may, or may not, rule.OK?' :ROFLMAO: Fingers crossed that Scottish Councils unveil a 'Welcome Staycationers to our town. We offer a warm welcome and support to help you 'spend' your holiday cash with us' campaign. We don't want to be pariahs, or resented, just allowed to park and encouraged to support the local economies of the towns we visit.

Steve

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I hope your right but it sounds far to progressive for the current Scottish government šŸ„ŗ

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
This would be great news šŸ¤žit is true. However having just read the thread ā€˜public perceptionā€™ I wonder what sort of a welcome we can expect.
It is our responsibility to show people that we arenā€™t all a load of disrespectful visitors and to build bridges where possible. I for one will be prepared to point out the ā€˜error of their waysā€™ to those who are inconsiderate to the locals and the environment.
Hope to be enjoying the lovely Scottish Countryside in September as France is highly unlikely.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
This would be great news šŸ¤žit is true. However having just read the thread ā€˜public perceptionā€™ I wonder what sort of a welcome we can expect.
It is our responsibility to show people that we arenā€™t all a load of disrespectful visitors and to build bridges where possible. I for one will be prepared to point out the ā€˜error of their waysā€™ to those who are inconsiderate to the locals and the environment.
Hope to be enjoying the lovely Scottish Countryside in September as France is highly unlikely.
Where are you aiming for in Scotland?

Steve & Elaine

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
:rofl: I too thought the timing for the threads was an odd coincidence.
The thread ā€˜public perceptionā€™
Fingers crossed this thread has the right news for us.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I was just thinking that Carol after reading the other thread.

It'd be interesting to know who these folks are - is it a case of newbie ignorance in which case you'd hope that a bit of education will see them right or people who don't give a t*ss & will spoil it for everyone:cautious:.

irnbru have you picked up on the original post from the public perception thread in any of your fb groups Sandra??

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
marchie - not sure yet as we tend to chase decent weather and tour a bit. Last year we made us of the Forestry Commission carparks in Dumfries and Galloway which were trialing overnights for Motorhomes - it was fantastic and loved the area. Have done the NC500 a few years back before it was recognised and became so popular. The beauty of owning a Motorhome just go where the urge takes you!

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
marchie - not sure yet as we tend to chase decent weather and tour a bit. Last year we made us of the Forestry Commission carparks in Dumfries and Galloway which were trialing overnights for Motorhomes - it was fantastic and loved the area. Have done the NC500 a few years back before it was recognised and became so popular. The beauty of owning a Motorhome just go where the urge takes you!
Got it sorted, then! We were introduced [hat tip to Jellyneck!] to the Chestnuts former certified Location on the edge of the Tentsmuir Forest, near Tayport. Ā£5 per night charge for a basic toilet, freshwater tap and chemical toilet disposal. About 600 metres walk to the edge of the Forest with Bird Hides and Roe Deer plus Red Squirrels, and at present, there are seal pups at Tentsmuir Point. Lots of good walking and cycling!

Steve

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
While some councils put up signs saying no overnight parking they are very unlikely to send out anyone to enforce it
Exceptions may be made for the muppet that used to park near one of the Lochs for the summer

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Wonder how the Highland Council will react to that. Despite their earlier appeal for people to provide overnight parking, I received an email today from the group hoping to provide this in Bonar Bridge, saying that the Council will not be putting forward their application for planning permission because of an objection from SEPA regarding flooding risk. The applications from Helmsdale and Kinlochewe are also not going forward.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I was just thinking that Carol after reading the other thread.

It'd be interesting to know who these folks are - is it a case of newbie ignorance in which case you'd hope that a bit of education will see them right or people who don't give a t*ss & will spoil it for everyone:cautious:.

irnbru have you picked up on the original post from the public perception thread in any of your fb groups Sandra??
I saw the initial post but never read the thread. Sometimes things aren't always astray are made out to be. Sitting here at Troon with @Hyacinth1 discussing her stopover at the Ayr Aire last night. Some busy body came and asked Liz if she saw who set the bin on fire with the remnants of a bbq, turned out it wasn't set on fire at all so Liz has taken pictures to prove it, aaah but my friend said she saw the bin on firth woman said, so I dont believe everything I read.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 05.56.58.png
Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 05.57.33.png

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Its in the 6 paragraph above.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'd never heard of a 'toucan crossing' before ... love the name! :giggle:

A toucan crossing is the British term for a type of pedestrian crossing that also allows bicycles to be ridden across. Since two can, both pedestrians and cyclists cross together, the name ā€œtoucanā€ was chosen.​

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I'd never heard of a 'toucan crossing' before ... love the name! :giggle:

A toucan crossing is the British term for a type of pedestrian crossing that also allows bicycles to be ridden across. Since two can, both pedestrians and cyclists cross together, the name ā€œtoucanā€ was chosen.​
What happens when the bike is a tandem with both riders present? Is that a three can [much more fun ...] (y):LOL: Pampas grass in saddlebag ...

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back