Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
So you've invalidated it's build certification :LOL:(y) Clever
Inadvertently possibly, but I have not compromised the safe use of the adapter. ;)

I have to admit though Andy, I do like the Shucko one you use. (y) I didn't know that was available at the time of looking for one. I just knew I didn't want to be cutting a blooming great hole out in the side of my MH to gain an external 3 x pin socket. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This sounds like a good idea except our EHU is on the other side of the MH from the awning, which is where we would want the electric.
However, there is another factor, a socket coming off the EHU lead will only be protected by whatever the site provides. This may be fine but when was it last tested? It might also have reverse polarity and have a single pole circuit breaker connected on the wrong side. This is probably unlikely but the point is do you trust the site/aire electrics?

A socket coming off your MH electrics should be protected by your own system, ideally double pole circuit breakers which you can test.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
This sounds like a good idea except our EHU is on the other side of the MH from the awning, which is where we would want the electric.
However, there is another factor, a socket coming off the EHU lead will only be protected by whatever the site provides. This may be fine but when was it last tested? It might also have reverse polarity and have a single pole circuit breaker connected on the wrong side. This is probably unlikely but the point is do you trust the site/aire electrics?

A socket coming off your MH electrics should be protected by your own system, ideally double pole circuit breakers which you can test.
Most installations have single pole breakers in the uk, in fact your more likely to see DP MCB in Europe
You need to check for reverse poliarty anyway so just use a plug in RCD on the socket outlet and whatever you plug in is protected by the fuse in the plug assuming you don't have reverse poliarty that's why it's important to check

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back