Honfleur aire water (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Will be travelling to Honfleur with probably empty-ish water tank.
Anyone know the refill situation on the aire?

Many thanx

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I sure others know better but probably, on your way to it, is there some other Aires?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
There are full dump facilities
You need €11 a day to stay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
The Honfluer water is ALWAYS very high in chlorine. We tend to try and fill up elsewhere.

OP
OP
Antique
Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Many thanks for the speedy replies one and all, much appreciated

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I stay at a proper campsite with showers toilets etc for less than that at the honfluer gravel car park .bloody ripoff.
Are you keeping it a secret, or are you going to tell us its name? The three 'proper' sites near Honfleur that I can find are all considerably more than €11.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Are you keeping it a secret, or are you going to tell us its name? The three 'proper' sites near Honfleur that I can find are all considerably more than €11.

That's what he's not telling you.

It's near Basingstoke and it's only cheaper on Wednesdays in October and November :whistle::D2

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I like gravel car parks. They tend to not be full of Brits who think they're on a campsite.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We have stayed on the Homfleur aire a few times and love the vicinity to the beautiful old town.
We empty toilet and waste water but never fill up with water having seen washing of cassettes with the drinking water tap!! Ugh!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have stayed on the Homfleur aire a few times and love the vicinity to the beautiful old town.
We empty toilet and waste water but never fill up with water having seen washing of cassettes with the drinking water tap!! Ugh!
Honfluer has a few taps behind some vans,we fill up from there, no chance of cassette washing out there.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
That's good I've never seen those taps!
They are on the electric hook up posts. Have to be careful where the water splashes as lots of hook ups are connected.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
We were at the aire at Honfleur on Monday, everything you might want is available, including a visiting baguette and patisserie van, we even found a grassed area which was better for our Labrador. It's a big site with perhaps 100 plus vans on site causing lengthy queues at the service points in the morning.
Top tip don't park close to the access bridge as sometimes hgv's arrive and park on the harbour wall, some of which have noisy refrigeration units which run all night!!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
There's a Leclerc near the Autoroute junction at Honfleur which has a MH friendly petrol station, and if nice drinking water's an issue you can pick up a couple of those 8 litre Volvic bottles with built in tap for about 3 Euros apiece.

Forget trying to use the aire's service points in the morning. Do all your dumping last thing before beddie-byes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back