Free Member
Aug 24, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a nebie
hi everyone,we found this site by chance as me and the missus and our two dogs are looking at wild camping in the lakes very soon. must confess we dont have an mv and our plans are to see the lakes and enjoy a peaceful time with our two dogue de bordeaux dogs (french mastifs) which i might add are well trained and well behaved..we have just kitted ourselves out with a 4 man pop up tent and all the luxuries to enjoy a cheap few days wherever we can. we have a very reliable landrover freelander with roof box and would love to find some isolated places in the lakes for some great views and a spot of fishing(spinning)without being disturbed. ideally we would like to take off road and use landrover for base as one dog is pup 12 weeks and also missus not keen walker as both of us in late forties and not looking at hiking lol. we will leave no rubbish and keep our site how we found it as we are respectful people but would like to do at a low cost as not got loads cash to spend though the odd night at a paid site would be fine. looking for isolated places where we are not disturbed or moved on for a few days or so and can enjoy the peace. green car and tent will hopefully add to our cover as rangers can be a problem so we been reading.we live in essex (leigh on sea)so the south side would be best for a start but dont mind if have to travel further for the best spots if any .thankyou for any tips or help anyone can give us and we hope to be paid members once we receive help on site as only joined yesterday and all new to us.. Dave,Mandy,Daisy and Hector.....

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome guys:thumb: Mmm can't help you with you question and I think you will struggle to find places like that in the lakes, scotland maybe:winky:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Hi welcome to the site, cannot help with your query but would be interested to view any replies. Good Luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site place such as you are seeking do exist, you find them by stumbling across them. most people will not post details or they soon get over run and no parking/camping notices soon appear. I have never failed to find somewhere to wild park but always move on the next day. That applies to anywhere in th UK, you have your map just drive around the various lakes, go explore. Have fun.

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Hi and welcome . :thumb: You could try heading over some of the passes , The Wrynose , The Hardknott , or the back roads around Langdale , or into Buttermere over the Honister Pass . A quiet spot maybe found but as said before Scotland is better suited for this , being the Lakes and its popularity it wont be quiet for long and you might be moved on .

One of my favourites away from the usual Lakes crowds is heading from Eskdale to Broughton In Furness over Ulpha Fell , head over Austhwaite Brow and Sella Brow some nice quiet spots can be found .

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=es...F-8&ei=r7g4UKPjJ9SZ0QWNsoGoBw&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAg

Attachments

• duddon_4.jpg
    duddon_4.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 11

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a lot of the old green lanes in the lakes are now closed to motor vehicles. too many 4x4s tearing them up and damaging walls and gates lead to TROs.
because of this the council wardens are very hot on 4x4s being parked up in fields or just off tracks. Once again the actions of a few selfish people cause problems for the rest

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back