• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Honda generator (1 Viewer)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
There is or was one for sale here at the b&b meet. A kippor i believe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Yes, it was a bit loud, we understand a Honda is much quieter. It’s mainly for when we aren’t on hookup and Mike needs to charge his oxygen machine or scooter.

We think either a 1 or 2 kw would be ok, depends which comes up first, where it is, price. Etc etc.

Ginny

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have a 1Kw Honda with LPG conversion .. It's had very little use and not been run for a year or so.

If you are interested I will check it over tomorrow morning and start it up ... would be looking for £500.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I’m not sure what LPG conversion means, can you tell me how it affects the running/filling/efficiency of the generator? We are newbies to generators and know what we want eg 240 when we need it, but not exactly how to get there.

We have been next to generators which have been noisy in the past and have always sworn we would never have one, but needs must, so we have to find a quiet gennie.

Is there another generator which is as quiet as the Honda? There are a lot of generators on eBay which claim to be ‘silent’.

Ginny and Mike

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I’m not sure what LPG conversion means, can you tell me how it affects the running/filling/efficiency of the generator? We are newbies to generators and know what we want eg 240 when we need it, but not exactly how to get there.

We have been next to generators which have been noisy in the past and have always sworn we would never have one, but needs must, so we have to find a quiet gennie.

Is there another generator which is as quiet as the Honda? There are a lot of generators on eBay which claim to be ‘silent’.

Ginny and Mike
It's a standard Honda EU10 gen which has been professionally adapted to run off LPG instead of petrol but can always be changed back.
It can be run from a Calor bottle or as I do, from a bbq gas outlet on the motorhome and saves the need to carry petrol cans.

Last edited:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012

Ginny and Mike
If you put one of those cover/tents over the generator it helps cut a lot more noise.

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
I don't want to hijack thread.. I'm interested in Icantremember LPG adapted gen... can you PM me if I'm not breaking any rules ...TIA

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Can anyone advise whether there is any difference in the sound levels of the Honda generator and the Kippor. They are both advertised as ‘silent’. Thanks.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Can anyone advise whether there is any difference in the sound levels of the Honda generator and the Kippor. They are both advertised as ‘silent’. Thanks.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That’s ok with us, we have a PVC with the gas at wrong side of the van, so a BBQ point is not feasible, unfortunately.
I think you are making a problem that isn't there, easy enough to run a gas pipe under the van from one side to the other.

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005

That’s the question I would like answered, we stood at the side of the Kippor and it was not silent by any means. My test is, would I like to be parked next to that when it was running? The answer was no.

There are quite a few ‘silent’ suitcase generators on eBay, so what does silent mean?

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
That’s the question I would like answered, we stood at the side of the Kippor and it was not silent by any means. My test is, would I like to be parked next to that when it was running? The answer was no.

There are quite a few ‘silent’ suitcase generators on eBay, so what does silent mean?

No generator is silent. If you read the spec of the generators you are interested in it will tell how loud they are in dB at x meters.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ginny, i am on the same rally and carry a honda eu20i which i am happy to demonstrate to you. You will hear it is far from silent and pretty big and heavy to move round and store.
Kippors are only slightly louder than the honda. But they seem to be lighter to lift. Brian's 1kw honda on gas would be an ideal purchase for what you need. A bbq point can be fitted anywhere that suits and piped into a gas line. With a gas generator no smelly and dangerous petrol to transport

Give me a shout between the showers if you want to see my generator

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Ginny, i am on the same rally and carry a honda eu20i which i am happy to demonstrate to you. You will hear it is far from silent and pretty big and heavy to move round and store.
Kippors are only slightly louder than the honda. But they seem to be lighter to lift. Brian's 1kw honda on gas would be an ideal purchase for what you need. A bbq point can be fitted anywhere that suits and piped into a gas line. With a gas generator no smelly and dangerous petrol to transport

Give me a shout between the showers if you want to see my generator

Yes I think you might be right, but I bet we have missed Brian’s now!!!

I will take you up on the inspection though, we want one I can move around and the output on the 1000 would charge the oxygen machine and scooter adequately.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
No problem, we are in the rapido next to the gate with a red car behind

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Another thing to consider is , If it’s running on Petrol you can run an extension cable and put the generator further away from vans , sometimes behind a hedge or in a hollow which will drastically reduce the noise

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That is ridiculous, the parts are under £50. And a very easy job picking up the gas feed from behind the fridge

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
That is ridiculous, the parts are under £50. And a very easy job picking up the gas feed from behind the fridge

If quoted to do the job properly, I don't think that's too bad?

By properly I mean replacing the gas manifold with a new one with an extra tap, armoured cable run under the van, a good tap and certifying. That would be over £100 in parts.

If just teeing off another pipe with a tap and adding a BBQ point I'd agree. Too much :D

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If quoted to do the job properly, I don't think that's too bad?

By properly I mean replacing the gas manifold with a new one with an extra tap, armoured cable run under the van, a good tap and certifying. That would be over £100 in parts.

If just teeing off another pipe with a tap and adding a BBQ point I'd agree. Too much :D
The best point on that van is behind the fridge. Just tee in add a tap and 30cm of pipe

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Just tee in add a tap and 30cm of pipe
Or forget the tap. It just means if one of the two appliances is faulty and you need to isolate it the existing tap will isolate both fridge and BBQ point at the same time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back