LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi We are looking for a little Honda generator, we are watching a couple on ebay, but any advice on what to look for when we win one would be appreciated.

If anyone has one for sale, please get back to me asap!

Ginny and Mike

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
From personal experience I would recommend one with a lpg conversion .... we always have lpg on board and no petrol required along with it's inherent smell and fire risk. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
The question I would ask is are you sure you actually need one?

Many Funsters have spent money on gennies, only to end up leaving them at home in the garage as they were so rarely used.

We came very close to buying a small generator thinking, "We need one just in case" as we are fairly power hungry with our two young boys in tow. The van has two TV/DVD units fitted, we normally have 2 laptops, 2 iPads, 2 PSVitas, plus mobiles and other gadgets in use very day and being charged.

So instead of a gennie, we almost doubled our battery capacity from 1 x 90a/h to 2 x 85 a/h, and had a 85W solar panel fitted, also changed all lighting to LED.
Total cost for all of that, not much different from a 2nd hand Honda 1.0i.

Since then we have never had a power problem, even when Wilding in the North of Scotland in March for 3 or 4 days at a time, without even driving or running the engine to charge the batteries.:thumb:

It's worth a thought.......

::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have you thought about getting a battery to Battery charger fitted? Cheaper than a Honda, charges your batteries quicker, no fuel to carry:thumb:

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back