• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Honda 20i generator (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We are selling our Honda 20i generator. It is unique in as much as it has been converted to LPG and runs off a propane bottle.The connector is supplied.
It has had very little use and is in perfect working order.
Can be collected ( West Suffolk) or we can take to Norfolk show.
£ 550
Phil

Attachments

• DSCI0012.JPG
    DSCI0012.JPG
    248.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCI0013.JPG
    DSCI0013.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCI0014.JPG
    DSCI0014.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCI0015.JPG
    DSCI0015.JPG
    319.8 KB · Views: 75

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I have seen one in the Netherlands with the same LPG system.
The man could choose petrol or LPG.
I cant see this being for sale long.
Bargain price.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Yes yo
Sorry to display such ignorance but...

Can it run off petrol too?

JJ :cool:
Yes. I have the EU10 which is LPG converted and I can run it off LPG or petrol, can switch between either one.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I have seen one in the Netherlands with the same LPG system.
The man could choose petrol or LPG.
I cant see this being for sale long.
Bargain price.
I too understood them to be able to run off LPG or petrol.

Agreed Mel, ie, bargain price for someone. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Mel
Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
I believe some conversions will run of either fuel, not at the same time though. You should always ensure the petrol is fully used up before using LPG. But some are restricted to just LPG. You would need to check with the company who did the conversion.

The converters name is probably on the regulator. I've already got an EU10 which is converted to LPG otherwise I would have bought this. Excellent quiet generator.

Cheers Al.

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Indeed, thank you Mel. I would like to know if it runs off both LPG and petrol and whether you would be willing to send it, as I would not be able to collect? Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Indeed, thank you Mel. I would like to know if it runs off both LPG and petrol and whether you would be willing to send it, as I would not be able to collect? Thanks
I doubt they'll find anyone willing to courier it due to it having had fuel in (gas or petrol) as they won't usually touch them unless they're new.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you can switch between the two I am very tempted but... rather expensive for me to collect...

JJ :cool:
You could see if any funsters are able to collect it for you and pass it on to another who is coming to see you at your little bit of heaven.

OP
OP
Gaston aires
Apr 12, 2010
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Where abouts do you live ? I am going to the Norfolk show on 20th July. My wife will be in Notts 13/15th July, and we will be in Kent 1st to 5th July.Your avatar says you live in Hampshire and we will be in the Shoreham area 6/7th July. Does this help ?
Phil

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Hi Can you confirm whether it will run on both LPG and petrol please?

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thanks. Sadly, I think I'm going to have to pass on this one.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think it depends on the conversion as to whether it will run on petrol or not but why carry another (more expensive, smelly) fuel around if you don’t need it.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi Phil.

The gas system is through a converter that turns the 'liquid gas' into a gas for the carburettor to use . Most of these are dual fuel and the reason is because of potential running out. It allows for the user to switch over manually (if fitted) to the other fuel. Some are set up automatically to change over. Depends on the conversion?
I would believe that if it was purchased as a converted gas system only, there is and would be a sticker indicating so. Thus preventing use of petrol. Personally..It's worth every penny and even more with the gas kit fitted! Research before selling on eBay at £500!
When I was a "lad" many moons ago, I was converting petrol fork lift trucks to gas so I can assure you that it should work easily on both.
Gas was also the only option especially with the boating fraternity's certificate of compliance test that has to be carried out 3 yearly. Petrol could not be accepted on board so gas conversions were the way forward on a lot of generators...especially Honda's
Kev

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
As in previous posts the only problem you MAY encounter when switching backwards and forwards between petrol and LPG is the unburnt fuel in the carburettor but this is simple to overcome which I did.

The on/off switch on the Honda generator is dual purpose in that it's a fuel cut off valve as well as an electrical cut off. I simply installed an additional switch and ran the electrical wiring from the existing on/off switch to the new one as in the picture below.

So when I'm running on petrol I turn the existing switch which is now solely a fuel cut off valve to '1' and switch the new switch to 'on' and start it. When I want to stop it I simply turn the fuel cut off valve to '0' but leave the new switch to 'on' and let the generator burn the fuel in the carburettor off so it's empty. This takes approx 20 seconds to die then turn the new switch to '0'.

When running from LPG I leave the fuel cut off valve in the '0' position and new switch to 'on' and connect to LPG and it starts first time.

IMG_0134.JPG

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
We are selling our Honda 20i generator. It is unique in as much as it has been converted to LPG and runs off a propane bottle.The connector is supplied.
Phil

From the looks of the sticker on the regulator it is an Edge Technology conversion. According to their website their conversions are dual fuel.

Broken Link Removed

Cheers
Al.

OP
OP
Gaston aires
Apr 12, 2010
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I have just made contact with the original supplier, Edge technology of Crewe who did the conversion.
They said if you put petrol in it, it will run on petrol. If you then want to run it on LPG again, you just empty out all the petrol and hey presto it runs on gas again.
Phil

OP
OP
Gaston aires
Apr 12, 2010
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
From the looks of the sticker on the regulator it is an Edge Technology conversion. According to their website their conversions are dual fuel.

Broken Link Removed

Cheers
Al.
I just made contact with Edge and they say it runs on both fuels, just put petrol in it.
Thanks for your input.
Phil

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I have just made contact with the original supplier, Edge technology of Crewe who did the conversion.
They said if you put petrol in it, it will run on petrol. If you then want to run it on LPG again, you just empty out all the petrol and hey presto it runs on gas again.
Phil
No need to empty petrol out if you do what I did in my earlier post.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Sounds like a bargain to me. Saw it earlier and thought shall I shan't I. Typically now wish I had and sold my eu10i on

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Sounds like a bargain to me. Saw it earlier and thought shall I shan't I. Typically now wish I had and sold my eu10i on

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back