Homecar (1 Viewer)

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
I recently saw a new Homecar Motorhome based on a Ford Transit FWD 2.2 TD 5 speedbox with cruise control.

Late last year I read that the owners of Homecar and about 6 other motorhome and caravans manufacturers The Tirus group went bankrupt, one of their divisions Lunar was bought out by a management buy out.

What happened to Homecar did someone take them over,I ask because if the van I have seen and liked is from a company that no longer exists then there will be warranty problems and a lack of factory support with parts.
Anyone know what happened and any comment on Homecar as a product.

K

klaatu

Deleted User
I used their web site recently to request a brochure, and one duly arrived. They seem to have the same contact details as Lunar. I don't know whether any of this can be taken as indication that they're still manufacturing, though!

Steve

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
i think luar GB still inportes the homecar .
try here Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buccaneer

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
I know Lunar are the reg office that makes me think has the Homecar Belgium operation/factory closed as the web site for Homecar and Lunar are also the same address.
Makes me think is the current Homecar stock is the last that were built before they went bankrupt and then Lunar picked them up cheap.If they are still being made and have factory support then one would be nice to buy.

Or are they still being built but I cannot find on the web a Belgium no one has answered what they think of them here I mean actual owner or are there none here.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Bringing this one back from the dead, does anyone know if they are still manufacturing these?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It doesn't look like a manufacturers website to me.
There's a photo of a CI for a start!

In fact I still havent really sussed out what that website is all about!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It seems they are no more, looking at other sites.
They were also sold over here badged as Lunars, but the parent company went bust.
Lunar Caravans in the UK was formed after a management buyout from the receivers. The only Lunar branded motorhomes available now are a small range of PVCs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back