Free Member
May 2, 2018
Midlothian
Funster No
MH
Hymer PVC
Exp
Ages. Since April 2018
We have a couple of Border Terriers, and while the van we have does have a flyscreen on the sliding door, it would not last long if the pooches decided to try get out of the van, and I don't imaging it will be cheap to replace either. So let's get a baby / dog gate I thought...turns out trying to get something to fit is not easy, so I took the DIY approach.

A metre of net, 5M of wide ribbon as edging, a couple of narrow metal rods to strengthen the top edge and the edge nearest the B Pillar (sewn into the edging), 4 hair bands and 4 adhesive hooks...One bottle of wine for....drinking.

Turns out I am a whizz with a sewing machine... although apparently i do stick my tongue out when using it....

Flyscreen can close over it so we can keep the bugs oot and the dugs in. Rolls up when not in use....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
IMG_20180721_162140.jpg
I keep cursing the cupboard door on my autosleeper because it covers half of the hab door.........

Light bulb moment! Can I cover the rest of the space with some sort of folding contraption to keep the dog in?

Has anyone tried this?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
You could even put a slightly smaller door on the inside of the existing door with a magnetic catch so it would open in two stages to cover the gap. There would then be nothing visible when the cupboard was closed.
Not very well explained I know what I mean though.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Janine ... will the little monster be able to get out under the door? If not then a simply fold out piece would suffice, if the darling can limbo under it then I'd also suggest a piece of semi-rigid netting that can be Velcroed onto the bottom of the 'new' gate which will deter limbo-ing but to allow you to get in/out of the doorway if the cupboard when door/gate is moved would be flexible enough to 'push up' and out of the way, dropping back down when you open the cupboard again across the doorway.

I could come up with another solution so that it automatically lifts it totally out of the way but it seems a bit overkill!:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back