Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Just returned from a nice week away in Yorkshire to find that our garage has been broken into whilst we were away. Fortunately not a lot was taken but we will certainly be improving home security before the next trip. It's so convenient to be able to park the van on the drive, but it must be like a red rag to a bull for the local thieves when they see it's not there.
Just a word of warning to Funsters not to neglect home security whilst you are on your travels, if you are anything like me the van is the most secure part of our home.
Geoff.:Doh:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I know what you mean, I always think as soon as I pull out the drive every one knows we have gone away as the Rv leaves a big hole and the trailers gone and one of the cars, bit of an advert.

Dosn't matter what security you have they will come in if they want to.

You could try a sign saying, gone away please break in as the dogs will be hungry by now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have a number of wifi security cameras installed, the detect any movement and then e-mail me the pictures automatically.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
pay for storage

We pay about £300 per year to have our van securely stored. The neighbours have no idea if we are home or not as they only rarely see the van at the front door. You might look at the storage cost as an alternative to an insurance policy.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We also store our motorhome away from home for just that reason, neighbours see ours come and go but have no idea if we are away or not

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back