Home mobile boost (1 Viewer)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We are managing okay with 4g using the HUAWEI mifi and a Vodafone data sim which is unlimited at £30 a month, will be able to take it with us when in Spain or out and about. Staying at Jim’s tomorrow so will be using it there.
Stuck an aerial on the wall to give it a boost.
AA227590-70F4-45CA-8E19-03380D9126A2.jpeg

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
You can use a Femtocell such as Vodafone Sure Signal which uses your ADSL type home broadband to provide a local short range mobile phone service.

Most UK mobile service providers have similar.

You do need at least some ADSL broadband service which may also be a problem in rural areas which are located a long distance from the telephone exchange but even ADSL as slow as 1 or 2 Mbps will be sufficient.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
even ADSL as slow as 1 or 2 Mbps will be sufficient.
Before we went to fibre we had 3MBs it was useless, streaming was always pausing.
These days I would say a min if 10Mbs, we have over 50Mbs now I don't think it's that fast.
Internet is crap here my daughter lives in Bangkok they get 500-1000 Mbs.

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Before we went to fibre we had 3MBs it was useless, streaming was always pausing.
These days I would say a min if 10Mbs, we have over 50Mbs now I don't think it's that fast.
Internet is crap here my daughter lives in Bangkok they get 500-1000 Mbs.

The Femtocell is not a streaming service and does not use much broadband bandwidth.

My dad lives in the New Forest and his ADSL is only 2 megabits per second on a good day but the femto cell works OK. He can make and receive mobile voice calls and he can also send and receive SMS text messages. None of which would work at all if he didn't have the Vodafone Sure Signal.

Dec 30, 2017
North Devon
Funster No
If you're looking for just a mobile phone signal booster rather than a broadband solution, I use a system called Cel-Fi from Nextivity. Not cheap though.
As long as you have 1 bar on your phone somewhere in the house it will boost it to 5 bars.
This was the only legal booster when I got it a few years ago but I think there are others for example 02.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
You can use a Femtocell such as Vodafone Sure Signal which uses your ADSL type home broadband to provide a local short range mobile phone service.

Most UK mobile service providers have similar.

You do need at least some ADSL broadband service which may also be a problem in rural areas which are located a long distance from the telephone exchange but even ADSL as slow as 1 or 2 Mbps will be sufficient.

We use the suresignal, as you cannot get a signal for any provider in our village... been using it for years, never had a problem always get full signal and can add visitors so long as they are vodaphone..... does tie you to vodaphone though

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back