since 2006
Can you give us the recipe for the soda bread as well please
kind regards Kate x

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Make your own? GOOD LIFE it ain't Yes it's great for the first time ! "oo look I've made butter" You will soon get tired of it! I'll bet my left testicle on that!

Still got the right one I 'spose ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I realise you have no particular need to do so now that the mh is going but I for one @Chockswahay hope that you continue on Fun. You have experience from your time with a mh to pass on and I have enjoyed your other postings - like the bread and butter ones.(y)
If you should decide enough is enough here and you are to be found on a more foody place on the net please let us know so we can keep reading your food adventures there.;)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
lol clicky cliky don't worky worky for me :( comes up with Error :(
Crumbs (hehe) I don't know why it does not work as it's a link to the Bread group on here :cautious:

Any way Kate, here is the text cut and paste here for you :D

268.jpg

I was not going to post this but the results were SO tasty I thought I would post the recipe for anyone else that might be inclined (y)

300g wholemeal spelt flour
a big pinch of salt
2 tsp of baking powder (I used about 3 actually)
230 Buttermilk (I used fresh having made some butter:sneaky:)

Preheat oven to 230c preferably with a baking stone in

When oven is ready mix up the ingredients in a bowl with a spatula until smooth and sticky (no more than 2 minutes)
Flour a little, ball up into a round
onto your baking stone
cut a deep cross in the top (almost all the way through)
bake for 15 to 20 minutes (test by tapping the bottom for hollow sound)

I have to say that this one was the best I have ever tasted (or made) (y)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I realise you have no particular need to do so now that the mh is going but I for one @Chockswahay hope that you continue on Fun. You have experience from your time with a mh to pass on and I have enjoyed your other postings - like the bread and butter ones.(y)
If you should decide enough is enough here and you are to be found on a more foody place on the net please let us know so we can keep reading your food adventures there.;)

Thanks Fenman for your kind words. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere in a rush;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Think I’ll stick with using the Kitchenaid with a tea towel over the top to stop buttermilk splashing out....

Arrius

Free Member
Jun 29, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
My mother used to make homemade butter in our house until a few years ago for over 30 years.

We never bought any because the stuff she made was much better than the supermarket butter.

Then I would demolish it in a week and my father had to go and buy some more.

God, I love butter, I don't know why people can use anything else for cooking or breakfast.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back