Home Is Where You Park It... Hello! (2 Viewers)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Good for you Supertramp. They think we're mad fulltiming in a 6mtr MH!
Why not try a Solar shower, just a black bag you fill with water, leave in the sun, comes with pipe and shower head. Hang it somewhere suitable and---shower, or wash, whatever!
Have fun.

Lidl have some fancy ones in at present if anyone is interested. Well they do in Kelso.

OP
OP
Supertramp

Supertramp

Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
Sorry!
Just got wifi and now we're at a beautiful campsite near Essouira. It's so hot!! My high temperature glue on my headliner is melting! Anyway we wanted a few days of doing not much and then we'll head into the town.
We were chased out of Safi by a car parking 'guardian' who insisted his friend followed us despite very firm no! And then tried to charge me double for parking despite us being there about 20 minutes. It's all quite a fun game.

Thank you all for the welcomes and hopefully we shall see you in all soon!

OP
OP
Supertramp

Supertramp

Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
shame your already out there . the best fridge in a vw was the easy cool cool box . worked with a cup of water tipped on it every day. hotter the air temp cooler the fridge . mine worked great in africa .
also if you can get someone to make a tank 50mm deep and mount it may be on you roof rack . the width of the van and about a foot wide . have a filler and a drainer fitted this heats water a treat in the sun . paint the tank black. but be carefull it gets very hot . very very hot.
the best bottles uised to be tango bottles as they were black. put on dashboard . go surfing come back hot water.
another good tool for morocco or africa is a kelly kettle . even in the desert you can rake the sand and get a stringy grass to burn . but wear gloves as thorns also grow a couple of inches under the sands surface.
nothing wrong with the vw . did africa and then back to maroc a few times in my old one .
couple with the teardrop in maroc and one without near the dried waterfall out near izerbi.
there are very old hand carvings on the hills there. the last pic you might just beable to make out the animal carvings .

That is so cool! Love the bus and the tent on the roof what is it? Bus is what 1973+? Cracking pictures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
That is so cool! Love the bus and the tent on the roof what is it? Bus is what 1973+? Cracking pictures.
hi. it was a 79 bay. was at one time gul wetsuits van .
i took the 2litre type 4 motor out and built a single port 1600cc based on a low hour industrial engine case.
single port was the choice for africa as they dont split heads as easy . plus can run on lower quality fuel.
it had limited slip diff as well and full african spec suspension and engine protection .
the specs were supplied by vw .
i fitted a devon interior inside .
the roof tent is a brownchurch roof tent .
was built to travel round the coast of africa , unfortunately we had to return due to family problems .
i still have the roof tent and the teardrop caravan . used them both with a mazda bongo for a few years .

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, try reading the Morocco 2013, 2014 and 2015 threads.
There are lots of wild camping places :)
What's the temp out there at the moment?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Supertramp

Supertramp

Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
Hi, try reading the Morocco 2013, 2014 and 2015 threads.
There are lots of wild camping places :)
What's the temp out there at the moment?

Sorry all, first time connected to wifi in a while. Essaouira is wow! Temp on the coast a nice 32-35, come inland and we've seen 40+.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back