Home Is Where You Park It... Hello! (2 Viewers)

Supertramp

Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
Or so the saying goes. Anyway hello! Patrick (and Lara) from Manchester, currently a month into a five month road trip around Europe. Not quite a motorhome, but rather a 1971 VW T2 Westfalia.
Joined because motorhomes tend to have nifty things that we may be able to replicate in our bus, but also, I think we probably have similar ideas about travel and the open road.

We mostly free camp and our showers consist of a bottle of water left on the roof to warm in the sun. But we're young (24,31, she's a cradle snatcher) so we can get away with it ;)

My parents own a Herald Templar motorhome and have always been into that way of things, I just took it one step cooler with a classic!

So hello and if you see a slightly scruffy couple bundle out of a popping VW Camper, it's probably us.

d0320e36e89739251d8a7a041fc11191.jpg

338ff0bf6dcef27c86da088fc287e9cb.jpg

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Lovely post
Or so the saying goes. Anyway hello! Patrick (and Lara) from Manchester, currently a month into a five month road trip around Europe. Not quite a motorhome, but rather a 1971 VW T2 Westfalia.
Joined because motorhomes tend to have nifty things that we may be able to replicate in our bus, but also, I think we probably have similar ideas about travel and the open road.

We mostly free camp and our showers consist of a bottle of water left on the roof to warm in the sun. But we're young (24,31, she's a cradle snatcher) so we can get away with it ;)

My parents own a Herald Templar motorhome and have always been into that way of things, I just took it one step cooler with a classic!

So hello and if you see a slightly scruffy couple bundle out of a popping VW Camper, it's probably us.

d0320e36e89739251d8a7a041fc11191.jpg

338ff0bf6dcef27c86da088fc287e9cb.jpg
Sounds fantastic... o to be that young again...I hope you have a brilliant 5 months...
Andy

OP
OP
Supertramp

Supertramp

Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
Lovely post

Sounds fantastic... o to be that young again...I hope you have a brilliant 5 months...
Andy

Thank you Andy. It's nice to be able to say Hello from the beach front in Mohamedia, Morocco.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Patrick and Lara. This weekend we were at CamperJam in the Midlands, saw some stunning t2's. We've toured in small vans before, but not that small. welcome to the Fun (y)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
:smiley:hello and welcome to the house of fun. you sound as mad as the rest of us. you will fit in. :roflmto:

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Look like your having a great time now and living the life! Well done and welcome
:welc:

OP
OP
Supertramp

Supertramp

Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
Thank you all for the welcome. I'm sure I'll also have questions from my parents regarding their motorhome too, though getting better, they're still somewhat computer limited.

Hi Patrick and Lara. This weekend we were at CamperJam in the Midlands, saw some stunning t2's. We've toured in small vans before, but not that small. welcome to the Fun (y)

I did Camperjam about two years ago and we probably would have been there this year if we weren't travelling. It's always funny seeing the look on people's faces when we get out of our camper and they're in a huge motorhome. Usually I get asked how we can possibly fit in.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@Supertramp Great post!! What a lovely camper. Great pics too. Doesn't matter what your unit is, you're in a community here and among friends.

Great to have some youngsters on board. Too many old gits on here! :D
Welcome from Essex.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
See you're in Morocco already! Have a great time, it's a great country, although probably a bit TOO warm for us at the moment.
Roll on January!

Oh yes, and :welc:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
(y)
Thank you Andy. It's nice to be able to say Hello from the beach front in Mohamedia, Morocco.

Replied to your thread a couple of times (Morocco ). Glad to see you are still there how are you getting on. :)

OP
OP
Supertramp

Supertramp

Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
Thanks again everyone!

(y)

Replied to your thread a couple of times (Morocco ). Glad to see you are still there how are you getting on. :)

Hi Carol, we'll be here for a while yet I think. It's been a week and we've got a lot of the country still to see. Having a do nothing day today after visiting Rabat yesterday on the train. Empty in the morning then come 4:30pm, it's like the entire country came onto the streets, can't imagine what Marrakech and Fez are like.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
The same!

If (when?) you visit Marrakesh be sure to eat in the big square in the evening - at around 5.00 p.m. they put together dozens of mobile restaurants and the place takes on a whole different character.

OP
OP
Supertramp

Supertramp

Free Member
Jul 2, 2015
On the road
Funster No
MH
VW Camper
Exp
A year
The same!

If (when?) you visit Marrakesh be sure to eat in the big square in the evening - at around 5.00 p.m. they put together dozens of mobile restaurants and the place takes on a whole different character.

It will be nice to actually eat 'out'. We've struggled due to Ramadan and haven't wanted to eat in the day out of respect (bar some sneaky biscuits) so looking forward to spending some time sampling local cuisine.
We were going to book a Riad in Marrakech for a few days to get away from the bus for a while so that should be nice.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hello from us two too:cheers:
We've downsized to a PVC, that Ralph's converting. Welcome to the forum. Nice to have some young blood on board.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
If you get anywhere near Essouiara or Taffroute both places well worth a visit, but if you do Taffroute be sure to check you do the run so that you are on the inside lane one the Mountains and not the outside, though Tafroute could be a bit hot now.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just a thought @Supertramp you probably have it worked out but if you go to Search at the top and just put Morocco in the top line the. Press search all the Morocco posts will come up often with the place eg. Essouiara then you can find that particular information without trawling through all the thread.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Good for you Supertramp. They think we're mad fulltiming in a 6mtr MH!
Why not try a Solar shower, just a black bag you fill with water, leave in the sun, comes with pipe and shower head. Hang it somewhere suitable and---shower, or wash, whatever!
Have fun.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
shame your already out there . the best fridge in a vw was the easy cool cool box . worked with a cup of water tipped on it every day. hotter the air temp cooler the fridge . mine worked great in africa .
also if you can get someone to make a tank 50mm deep and mount it may be on you roof rack . the width of the van and about a foot wide . have a filler and a drainer fitted this heats water a treat in the sun . paint the tank black. but be carefull it gets very hot . very very hot.
the best bottles uised to be tango bottles as they were black. put on dashboard . go surfing come back hot water.
another good tool for morocco or africa is a kelly kettle . even in the desert you can rake the sand and get a stringy grass to burn . but wear gloves as thorns also grow a couple of inches under the sands surface.
nothing wrong with the vw . did africa and then back to maroc a few times in my old one .
couple with the teardrop in maroc and one without near the dried waterfall out near izerbi.
there are very old hand carvings on the hills there. the last pic you might just beable to make out the animal carvings .

Attachments

• img027.jpg
    img027.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 26
  • img026.jpg
    img026.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 25
  • img115.jpg
    img115.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 26
  • img113.jpg