Home insurance - credit where it's due (1 Viewer)

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Got up on Sunday morning to discover a 55 inch plasma tv on the dining/kitchen floor with smashed screen!

Bit odd as it had been in position for many months/years on a wall bracket and never gets moved. Complete bracket and fixings pulled out of the wall.

Had been thinking about a new larger tv for the lounge anyway so priced them on line, shocked to find even a mid range 65 inch was £1200-£1500. Many years since I bought one obviously!

Looked at Halifax website, quoting Covid staffing and long delays on phone calls, made a claim on line - very simple and thought I would be waiting days or weeks.

8am next morning a young lady rungs, goes through the details, takes model number and says she will check stock of comparable models and call back. Also would be LED as plasma no longer made.

10 minutes later, an offer of £800 in Curry's vouchers or £712 cash. She asked further questions regarding the claim history as I only started a policy with them 2 weeks previously 🥴. Sent photos of tv damage by email link.

Accepted the vouchers and had them by email 2 hours later. On line to Currys website, ordered a 65 inch tv, 1 hour later message to say ready to collect. 2 hours later new tv up and running.

Exceptional service from Halifax, not often there are good news stories about insurance companies

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back