Rally Chat Home from Peterborough (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What a great weekend, sunburn and showers! Thankfully the showers came overnight and didn't spoil our days. The first rally of the year for me and Siân. So many old hands were there and it was great meeting lots of newbies. Our Short-notice volunteer marshals did a superb job, working long hours in Sahara like sun and dust . Thanks you guys and girls you were fantastic. :clap2:

We had record numbers for bacon, we have never served so many before. But because we had so many helpers along with the Marshals; ralliers were served in record time. 320 hungry funsters, fed over 450 rolls and almost 1000 rashers of bacon (50 kilos of bacon) Everyone served a fantastic bacon roll breakfast in just 45 minutes!

We served over 1000 free teas and coffees and a hundredweight of bickies. Thanks to everyone who volunteered and helped serve. Too many to mention by name but we couldn't have done it without you. BIG thanks.

Last night we counted the money raised by the raffle and we had a total of £401.22. How we achieved that figure at £1 a strip I don't know :) People must have been dumping change on us. Thank you all, it was a great total. Fantastic. Thanks to the Funsters who donated prizes and bought tickets. And a big thanks to Eddie and Lyn at Vanbitz who donated two reversing cameras, Alan from DMS who donated an Endless Breeze fan. Jormax one of their superb windbreaks, and Savaspace for a pitch sign. Thanks everyone.

I have already paid the money via a Just Giving Page. You can see the donation here. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/myasthenia

Thanks to everyone who made the weekend such a good one. Our next one is Newbury, cant wait (y)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Our next one is Newbury, cant wait (y)[/QUOTE]
Screenshot_2018-04-23-09-23-21-296_com.android.chrome~2.png

Newbury advance booking closes as above

Dec 27, 2016
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
As the title says Home from Peterborough, unpacked and feet up.
It was our first rally and didn't know what to expect, as it turned out everything was great....even the weather! so a mahoosive thankyou to everyone involved in making it such a great few days. Everybody we met was so helpful and friendly. Can't believe we only had one bacon sandwich each...told you we had willpower. We met new neighbours, swapped travel tales, books, magazines, alcohol! Chatted all things motorhome related and learnt loads!
Thank you all again,
Andy and Lesley.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
What a great weekend. Our second rally but the first warners weekend. We had a fantastic time. Popped in to the tent for a coffee and a chat with funsters and Sian.Bacon butties were lush.Looking forward to fitting another one in .Thanks again for a great time

Nomadrush

Free Member
Apr 24, 2018
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar
Exp
35 years
Our next one is Newbury, cant wait (y)
View attachment 226678

Newbury advance booking closes as above[/QUOTE]
Looking at the above link if i was to book a rally now or in the future through their website would i be sent a document to display on my window prior to the event ? If so i am fulltiming and my house is rented how would we go about it
Many thanks Paul

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
View attachment 226678

Newbury advance booking closes as above
Looking at the above link if i was to book a rally now or in the future through their website would i be sent a document to display on my window prior to the event ? If so i am fulltiming and my house is rented how would we go about it
Many thanks Paul[/QUOTE]
Hi Paul I've never done this myself but others have booked and picked up their tickets at the gates, I'll tag a few funsters who is know have do e this and hopefully they will be along shortly to tell you more kind regards Kate. Also there us a thread already running for Newbury I'll rag you onto that

@Theonlysue can you help

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
@Nomadrush
Hi
I usually put collect ticket at gate and keep the email on my phone.
Sometimes you have to put same address as the card and phone them after your booking to collect at gate.
Never a problem.

wisewords

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Great time at Peterborough. It was our first rally and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Met some lovely people and spent a lot of time chatting and swapping stories. Thanks very much for making it so enjoyable and for all your hard work.

BallAndChain

Free Member
Apr 25, 2017
Funster No
Yes, What a great weekend at Peterborough, many thanks to Jim and Sian and all the other funster helpers for making it a memorable weekend.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back