Home from first motorhome Holiday (1 Viewer)

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,
After our initial 'Hello' to this website some weeks ago, just thought I'd say thanks and give an update on our first Motorhome experience.
To see if Motorhoming was for us we hired a Swift Bolero 680fb from Abacus/Dorset. It was a brand new 2010 model with 65 miles on the clock. We were pleased with the Abacus service.
We had a very enjoyable holiday touring Cornwall (albeit a litle nervous driving down narrow Cornwall 'A' roads - do you just get used to it??). The 'van' certainly had the wow factor but we're glad we hired rather than bought first as we decided the layout (although lots of plus points) wasn't for us.
We're now looking for a used 'A' class, Hymer - we think? (thanks Carol and Eddie!).
So, thanks to all for all the encouragement from our initial posts 3 weeks ago which got us started - the search for our Motorhome begins...
We've asked for advice in the 'Beginners Forum' (RHD/LTD, Hymer.etc). If anyone has time to respond we'd be very grateful for any advice/help.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Glad you enjoyed the mh and hope you find what your looking for.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Glad you had a good 1st trip, heres looking forward to the many more adventures you will have in the future

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Now the fun starts , look at plenty motorhomes and remember the + and - points when you hired for your holidays. Glad you enjoyed your holiday BTW
As for the narrow roads , well you do get used to them , but I am always more wary on them. Just take the corners slowly and if you see someone approaching pull in before them , in a good spot if possible.
Let them drive on the verge or into the scratchy bushes to pass:winky:
Good thing about a MH is that your higher up so you can see over most hedges. Cornish ones take some beating though !!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
(albeit a litle nervous driving down narrow Cornwall 'A' roads - do you just get used to it??).

Yes.

Then BANG and a wing mirror is slammed into the door -- too used to it.

My biggest fear is whacking a pedestrian on the head with a mirror.

Good hunting.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The first trip is exciting.. and it gets better::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Glad to hear the trip went well, now the FUN begins looking can be a great part of the experience, and a least you have a idea of what you are looking for now. Good to see you have become a fully paid up Funster the information on here is always ongoing and the site has a Motorhome sales thread worth keeping a eye on. I will send you a pm so have a look in your message box. Carol.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
had phone call from Carol to say you were taking the plunge... well done... I am sure you will really enjoy all the trials and tribulations of motorhoming..::bigsmile:

Re the wing mirrors, I have put fluorescant tape on mine, as not only do I whack things with it, other vans coming towards me don't seem to realise I stick out more than they realise...:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back