Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Glorious evening to everyone,

We are going away tomorrow for 10 days, have ordered in some food shopping along the way using a well known supermarkets home delivery. Address given is the particular caravan site we are stopping on at the time.
Has anyone else tried this? do the club sites not like delivery vans turning up to service customers?
Addresses were all accepted.

Steve

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
No the Club Sites don't like or even allow (I think) deliveries to members on site. There was a thread on here a while back but I'm watching the tennis so I won't search for it now but the gist of it was the [STRIKE]warders[/STRIKE] wardens would have to get involved in allowing entry to delivery vans and pointing out pitch numbers etc and it could lead to all and sundry being delivered to site which could lead to a security risk. Buy your shopping on the way or locally is best practice. :Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Glorious evening to everyone,

We are going away tomorrow for 10 days, have ordered in some food shopping along the way using a well known supermarkets home delivery. Address given is the particular caravan site we are stopping on at the time.
Has anyone else tried this? do the club sites not like delivery vans turning up to service customers?
Addresses were all accepted.

Steve

Will be interested to see how this goes, is it a Caravan Club / Camping and Caravan Club, or independent, would thing not as many rules with a independent. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
durhamahoy

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Just read the CC thread on the grounds of H&S well that's that idea scuppered.
Fancy a few extra hours sunbathing rather than shopping.
:Cool:

2dogs

Free Member
Nov 2, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Spring 2012
The c&cc site at Devizes had a supermarket delivery van dropping of around site when we were there last October.

2dogs

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have been at one CC site where deliveries were positively banned. Shopping for food only takes a short while, not hours. We do our shopping en route or buy local when we get there.

Bill

OP
OP
durhamahoy

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
I have been at one CC site where deliveries were positively banned. Shopping for food only takes a short while, not hours. We do our shopping en route or buy local when we get there.

Bill

Cheers Bill
I need to be a bit more assertive with HWSBO

:Eeek:

grin factor

Free Member
Jul 4, 2013
sunderland
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
i'm a newbiw
It would be a good idea, but don't think I'd like my peace & quiet disturbed by delivery vans comong and going, because it would be bound to catch on.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
We have one tugger who comes on site and they have a delivery at about 5 in the evening from a well know supermarket. No problem for us or other campers. Great idea in rural Wales, saves them wasting their holiday food shopping and as they both work saves time at home too. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back