Home at last, phew (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
we had a great time in Benidorm but arrived in Portsmouth in the snow on Friday. Stayed 2 nights at a Premier Inn and glad we did as we still had snow to shovel off the drive. Came back as MOT is booked for tomorrow, message on answer machine'sorry I've made a mistake and am on holiday' ! Never mind, central heating working and no water leaks so can't grumble. Nick's car battery is so flat it won't even jump start, more expense tomorrow.
Patio door was left unlocked by a son 3 weeks ago, neighbour noticed it was open in the bad snow on Thursday so came to the rescue ,shovelled snow out of conservatory and locked up, nothing taken so very lucky, pity they're moving!
Thumbs up to Bournemouth council, I had a fixed penalty notice just before we left for Beni. I had paid but didn't check ticket and got back to find I'd put the previous persons debit receipt on my dash. I paid up but did send an email not really expecting anything but I've got a letter saying they've let me off and are refunding the money.
Thanks for all the helpful advice on friday re the journey home. Aren't funsters great(well most of them)!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
great idea to hide out a few days in the travel lodge bournemouth and poole came to a standstill and so many abandoned cars it wasnt cleared till yesterday. getting out to sherborne would of taken several stressful hours with a motorhome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
great idea to hide out a few days in the travel lodge bournemouth and poole came to a standstill and so many abandoned cars it wasnt cleared till yesterday. getting out to sherborne would of taken several stressful hours with a motorhome

I drove from the ferry at Poole to south lychett campsite Thursday night. Very slowly and carefully but made it. I knew I was ok unless I had to stop, then I would never get going again. Luckily not a lot of traffic about.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
thursday night it took 3 hours to get from frizel house (county gates) roundabout at the end of the a338 to christchurch. the police closed the a338 and everything had to limp through town with many not making it on the various hills

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
The weather actually worked in our favour. Arrived on the overnight Caen ferry into Portsmouth on Saturday at 7am. Travelled all the way up to Lancashire, with just a brief stop, in 5 and a half hours. Apart from the A34 we use motorways all the way up. All the roads, including the A34 had been cleared apart from a small amount of snow on the outside lane of the M42 which didn't concern us. The warning to not drive & the fact that so many people were unable to use local roads meant there was very little traffic. It was the easiest drive of that route to date. Couldn't believe our luck after all the problems we had envisaged. We had even filled with fresh water etc. expecting to have to stay somewhere en route but in fact were home in time for lunch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome home..
Makes you wish you were back in Benidorm eh ;)
We certainly won't make the MOT mistake again. I am very annoyed with myself that after over 40 years of driving I didn't know we could get it done a month all but a day early. If I'd known that we'd still be in Benidorm!
MOT rearranged for tomorrow so that's good.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back