Home after lovely time in the Highlands. (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well we headed of a week past Friday for a tour of the highlands but only after I had run my 33 mile race on Saturday morning in Killin.
image.jpg

Me looking fresh after 33 miles, so after a post race party and a few beers we spent the night in Strathyre before heading up north.
After stopping for the night in Aviemore we headed for Inverness where we stayed two nights at the CC Culloden Moor site at £14 a night not to bad and a lovely site. After some Nessie hunting we decided to head of to the Black Isle for some dolphin spotting, we knew this would be unlikely so actually went for the nice walks along the beach.
image.jpg

Toby playing in the Sea.
image.jpg

After this we headed along the coast to Nairn where we had intended to stay on the harbour, spoke to the harbour master and said I was more than welcome although it made a nice change to be asked so if using pop in and speak to him really Informative guy. As it happens we ended up staying at the parkdean site 100yards away as it was £10 a night with full use of the pool and sauna.
After a night out in Nairn we headed via Elgin down to Grantown on Spey for the night and really loved this little town and the locals.
Then a lazy drive stopping at some lovely spots for walking and the Walkers shortbread factory for some shortbread we found a lovely wild spot for the night, ideal location no one for miles.
View of our wild spot from our morning walk you can just see the MH in the bottom right of the pic.
image.jpg

After a quiet night just outside Blairgowrie we arrived back home today to a very tidy house, I'm now worried what has went on while we have been away that made Sophie tidy the house :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
That sounds so good, hope Sophie enjoyed herself. :rolleyes:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Super photos, we've done Rosemarkie and Nairn and Granton on Spey is on our list to visit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
If you are trying to make me jealous then you have succeeded. Love Scotland and especially the highlands, will be up that way next May including trip to Ullapool and further north into Assynt region.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I love Scotland, makes me regret leaving Carlisle which was an easier place to visit Scotland from than Devon. So much to see.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
If you are trying to make me jealous then you have succeeded. Love Scotland and especially the highlands, will be up that way next May including trip to Ullapool and further north into Assynt region.

We did Ullapool last May, weather was great.
Highland-20140512-00192.jpg
Highland-20140512-00205.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back