hols 2015 (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Decided after 10 years of going to Spain we have decided to go to north Europe next year.
Ferry Newcastle to Ijmuiden (no long trip to Folkestone or Dover)
Drive around north Holland, Germany,(always wanted to visit Berlin and Dresden) visit Prague, then return via lower Germany back to catch the ferry.
Do any of you "funsters" have any, "must see" places to visit ? any advice re "stellplaz" to stop at !
I know about the "Bordatlas" but, is there any other books/sites anyone can recommend.
Any advice/replies would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Tom, Jen and Jake (our Yorkie)

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
God how I hate that drive to the south coast:(
Hope you have plenty of replies.

May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
re-living the gloryb days of series 2 BC
We (2 + dog) toured France, Lux Belgium and Holland in the Spring and Germany in the Autumn
Bulb fields well worth a visit but must be at the right time - Germany great and prices pleasing competitive, less than France - we did a little of the Mosel / Rhine but did not like it much as too busy - the Castle route and Romantic route were nice - Rothenburg a must - the whole area along the Alps great, Partnache Gorge which is close to the Hitler's 1936 Winter Olimpic Stadium dramatic as is the highest peak (Zugspitze) - don't forget your emission sticker from TUV Nord @ 12.50E
John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh and no tolls

That due to change! a disgraceful tax thats hits tourists but not the germans themselves who get a rebate is their plan.....

http://www.thelocal.de/20140707/tolls-to-come-to-all-german-roads

http://www.euractiv.com/transport/german-conservatives-clash-commi-news-532653

You wont get the barmy summer evenings that you get around the med, especially if you visit off season. German diet leaves a lot to be desired. For someone (me) on a salt free diet, eating out difficult..they use more salt than anyone that I have seen. even sprinkling it on salted butter!lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
I'm also interested in this as we are planning our first european trip next year. We will be taking ferry from Dublin to Liverpool and on down to Folkstone for tunnel to Calais. We will be driving through Belgium, Germany, Austria, Hungary and then to our destination in Bistrita, Transylvannia in Romania. May even travel down to the black sea if time permits. Looking forward to this big time! So, If any funsters see an Irish reg'd camper with a Wicklow sheepdog peering from the cockpit it'll be us!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back