LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Mrs ShiftZZ an I are thinking about going to Holland for a week or so in April, as far as I remember Paul said that wildcamping was a big no no.

Can anyone suggest a good site near Amsterdam for a few days?
A few days near the coast.
Or any other tips regarding Holland...

Ta

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
you need to pop into Chat late evenings and have a word with Paul "Onderweg", I'm sure he will be able to answer all of your questions. We might even visit briefly in April, but mainly going to Belgium for some family history research.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Can anyone suggest a good site near Amsterdam for a few days?
Ta

I've looked and looked in the past, never found anything that really appealed.

There is one NW Amsterdam hiding by a motorway but looks like it might be for youngsters and iffy for one with delicate sensibilities like your good self.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
There are very few close to the city. The one at the old Olympic stadium was good but closed years ago.

I usually stay at Camping Zeeburg, it is mainly young people, often a bit spaced out :Smile: but never any trouble. It has free wi-fi and a tram stop in 10mins walk. It also has a few animals on site, miniature goats etc. It is by the water (in fact its nearly an island, but unlike some on the canals doesn't seem to suffer much from midges.

http://www.campingzeeburg.nl/
:thumb:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Just stumbled over this thread :ROFLMAO: :Doh: :cry:

If you tell me what kind of camping you would prefer near Amsterdam (all the works or as little works as possible) and whether or not you want to go into the city with public transport we will have a look and let you know.
Indeed, there are only very very little camperplaces in Holland and even less without having to pay for it.

Places near the coast, okay but almost the total lenght of Holland are beaches. Which part do you want to visit. Something near to ..........

For tips please indicate what sort of like fishing...... playing...... watching....... shopping :Blush:

Hope we can be of help

Paul and Ineke

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Shiftzz

We stayed at camping zeeburg in the summer its ideal for a few nights visiting amsterdam as only short walk to tram.

In july it was very busy with tents and they seemed to be crammed in a bit not that it would matter to you. There where loads of youngster in the campsite but no problems with them at all. The gates where closed at about 10pm and you needed to show your pass to get in and they where strict with this. They have a shop and bar on site didnt use bar so cant comment but used the shop and it was fine.

The shower blocks where ok if a bit messy due to loo paper and stuff on floor but clean you have to pay for the shower and the hot water at the taps for doing your dishes. It also has a mh empty point which is behind the main toilet block.

The site is pretty flat and the mh and caravan pitches are of an ok size.

If we go back to amsterdam we wouldn't have a problem useing site again.
In our asci book they had a cl style site in it we had a drive out to see what it was like for future use and it looked a lovely wee site on a farm if you would like the name i will get book out of mh i think it was about a 30min walk to bus for city so maybe not as handy.

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Shiftzz,I know this is not in the centre of Amsterdam but its only a 20 min bus ride away or 10 mins on the train.Almere Haven has 3 MH parking places overlooking the harbour with lovely resteraunts,bars around the harbour.It used to be free but I think you put money in a slot for electric and your allowed max 3 days parking.If you want to stay longer,drive down past the harbour and there is plenty of free parking at the bottom of the road.Almere Haven is a lovely town with plenty to see and do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back