LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
We're going to holland for last week in october, anyone know of any good sites/places to go. best areas to see etc.
we need last 2 nights in amsterdam to catch ferry back to newcastle.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We are off to Holland the same week. We are starting in Brussels (yes Belgium before you ask) and then off to Amsterdam.
Holland is a lovely country but the secret is to go to the small towns and villages and stay away from the big city's like err, Amsterdam... unless you haven't been to Amsterdam....

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Aire in Amsterdam run by the council, it's at the northern end can't remember the name but will look it out if you want was 12 euros with all facility's and a free ferry direct to the station about every half hour

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There is a nice Aire overlooking the harbour at Almere Haven with water and dump. From memory it will take about 5 motorhomes. There are many bars and restaurants along the harbour and the town centre is only a short 3 minute walk away. I spent a lot of time here as I had my boat moored in the harbour and the motorhome parked on the Aire.

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
We're in Holland now. On a site just outside Harlingen. It's a nice site and a lovely town. A four day gala on just now. Lots of dutch sailing barges in the harbour and live music etc. Sending this from the ferry to Terschelling. Going to cycle around the island for the day. :)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We've stayed on both aires and campsites in Holland. Memorable aires were at Middelburg, Giethoorn, Musselkanal and Zutphen.

We stayed on a lovely campsite in the southern province of Limburg

and also stayed at another lovely campsite at Mook
Broken Link Removed

Its worth buying the aires book as there are lots of aires in out of the way places which are more typically Dutch than the those in or close to the bigger cities.

You can also stay on farms in some parts of Holland fairly cheaply. The area around Alblasserdam has many such farms if you are wanting to explore the Kinderdijk windmills.

You should find this Dutch web site useful as it is available in English. Contains sites where you can camp free plus sites where there is a small charge.
Broken Link Removedm

Holland is erg mooi. Je zou het moeten proberen.(y)
Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Thanks to all of you, I'll have a look at those tonight.
I have been to Amsterdam 15 years ago, but thought it would be nice to have 1 or 2 nights there before we sail home.
Don't know what our 12 year old son will think of it!!! The 15 year old might have enjoyed the sights, but he doesn't want to come anymore says it's boring?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks to all of you, I'll have a look at those tonight.
I have been to Amsterdam 15 years ago, but thought it would be nice to have 1 or 2 nights there before we sail home.
Don't know what our 12 year old son will think of it!!! The 15 year old might have enjoyed the sights, but he doesn't want to come anymore says it's boring?
Amsterdam is close to being my favourite city, but touring the rest of holland earlier this year was a big let down , over populated roads , over priced , too many bikes and flat and industrylised views.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Valkenberg. The Netherlands only attempt at HILL.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back