Holland touring help April 2 weeks (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Joined 2014
Hi appologise if I have placed before on wrong forum

We have travelled in France before but never in Holland, we are going for 2 weeks on Aril 22 thro the tunnel and dont know where to stay visit etc but we are researching but any ideas on stopovers, sites places to visit would be most welcome.

We do know that we want to visit friends near the hague and go to Amstersdam.

Thank you

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Head for Delft good site on the edge of the town. Trams from there to The Hague. Good train service to Rotterdam and Amsterdam. Or cycle if your energetic.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We have Dutch funsters on here , @famdebree may be able to help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 23, 2016
The Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic c
Exp
Since 2010
Good Morning,

Of course we want to help if we can. Near Delft and The Hague we have never been ourselves, but I can give some nice sites and things to visit.
To start please visit http://www.campercontact.nl to see al the available places to stay in Holland. From here you can plan a roundtrip if you like, Holland is not too big.

Amsterdam itself has a from which you can easily visit Amsterdam.
If you co further north you have all kind of nice towns such as Monnickendam, Volendam, Hoorn, Enkhuizen with all kinds of things to see and do. Most of them have places to stay.
Then you can go to Den Helder and stay on the camperstop there. From there you can visit the Marinemuseum if that is of interest to you and go by ferry to the Island of Texel. Best to go by bike of if you don't have bikes on foot and rent a bike on Texel.

Apart from the things above we personally find this side of Holland the least attractive as far as it concerns the landscape. All flat and hardly any trees. If from Den Helder you cross the see through De Afsluitdijk you get in Friesland with a lot of nice little old towns to visit and lots of places to stay.
From Friesland you can go south again through the provinces of Drente, Overijssel and Gelderland. We like to stay in the east of Holland in regions like Twente and De Achterhoek. Landscape is more divers then in the west and far less busy overall. And of course further south Limburg with its hills. Yes we do have hills. Town of Maastricht if highly recommended. There is a very nice camperstop Marina Maastricht from which you cycle to the center of town in 5 minutes.

Well, I think you have enough tip to plan your trip and probably will have to come back again. Enjoy!

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
We really liked Volendam and Enkhuizen (where there is a large museum open air like Beamish). We cycled into Amsterdam from a site near Volendam it was doable but about 19km each way unfortunately I did it with a child in a bike seat!

Have fun!

Andy H

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
IH Tio Savanah PVC
Exp
We are booked for a similar trip, but a bit earlier. We like to stay a few days at each location and are using mainly using minicamps http://www.camping-minicamping.nl/index.html

Our rough schedule is; Hoorn (visit the steam train), Texel, Lisse (for Keukenhof) and finish off with a few days in Zeeland with a visit to the vets and some chilly swims.

Have a good trip.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back