Holland/Germany July & August. (1 Viewer)

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Hi.

Impulsively booked Return ferry from Harwich to Hook of Holland in late July. Not sorted where we are going to and generally we will just follow instinct and reviews on here and elsewhere.

A couple of years ago we did two weeks in France and using a combination of ACSI app (with paid add-ons) and the "All the Aires" book, we did well and had a great trip.

I've downloaded the ACSI app again and now it has an option to buy Motorhome locations.

Has anyone got these? I wonder if the motorhome option is just campsites that have motorhome suitable pitches or Aire locations?

Alex Black

Free Member
Dec 20, 2016
Fife scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built. Knaus.
Exp
Scince 2010
Use the airs to hop own to Annecey. Great run. We used the Halt Nautic Aires mainly and took our time on the way down and back. Fantastic time. Annecey is amazing and has a good aire on the lac. It can be busy though. If you fancy a little further? Go down to the verdun gorges. Tightish roads though. Also try a visit to Alps deux on the way. Another good aire and free bus into town. And its a great little town.

Forgive any spelling mistakes please...

Have fun and safe driving.

Alex B ...

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Not sure motorhome extra offers anything very different from main app
None of the sites we have selected and been to in the past didn't accept motorhomes
Not been short of campsites or stielplatz in Germany
Not been in July/August though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spawn_e_git

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
T
Not sure motorhome extra offers anything very different from main app
None of the sites we have selected and been to in the past didn't accept motorhomes
Not been short of campsites or stielplatz in Germany
Not been in July/August though

Thanks for that, the plan at the moment is to stay either in Holland or Venture into Germany a bit. What are stielplatz like? I found the Aires in France OK for stop overs but looking out of my window to see another van 6 inches away is not my cuppa tea. Would rather pay for a campsite with space and facilities as we will have a 2 year old with us.

Alex Black

Free Member
Dec 20, 2016
Fife scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built. Knaus.
Exp
Scince 2010
T

Thanks for that, the plan at the moment is to stay either in Holland or Venture into Germany a bit. What are stielplatz like? I found the Aires in France OK for stop overs but looking out of my window to see another van 6 inches away is not my cuppa tea. Would rather pay for a campsite with space and facilities as we will have a 2 year old with us.

Hmmmm.. I can honestly say we have never experienced that. Loads of room in the airs we used or we too would not use them..
You must have been very unlucky! hey ho.. Stelplatz are very similar and can be very busy too. Depends on where etc..

Hope you find what you are looking for then... If going down into Germany try touring along the Mosel from Trier to Koblenz. The stelplatz are very plentiful & good. You can park behind the brunnerhalle (Main hall in Krov) free of charge. Just remember to buy some wine and enjoy the river views. Its very good. Loads of stopping places. and the Mosel can be utterly captivating. Krov is amazing.

Enjoy.

A...

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
ACSI isnt going to help too much at that time of year for campsites as that is high season.
I would be tempted to head to the Alsace and pop over to Germany from there.
Either that or hit up the romantic road. A good search of google, youtube and on here will sort you out (We will be hitting this one on way back from croatia)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
We use the campercontact app. Given that its produced by the Netherlands Camping Club it is great for there in particular. A lot of the "Aires" in the Netherlands are really good value commercial stopovers with large pitches. Quite a few have loos and washing facilities. I seem to remember one with a play area.

For a very good example look at Camping plaats Hamstede, Giethoorn

It covers campsites as well - there are a lot

Dave

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
Took Ferry Harwich to Hook of Holland end July last year spent 3 days in Amsterdam then drove down through Holland across Belguim and into Luxumberg City then on to Trier and followed the Mosel Valley then Romantic Road spent whole August in Germany Never booked anywhere and got on all the aires /stellplatz no problems. Continued into Austria Slovenia and Croatia and Italy never found a site that could not take us in 7.5 mtr van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back