Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Here I am in Bitche in France, on my own, have been for just over a week and it's been raining for the last 6 hours, which after reading, listening to music and the compulsory motorhomers nap got me thinking. I'm a single traveller, not looking for a partner, according to my ex hell has got to get a lot colder for that to happen! but wouldn't it be nice to be with some like minded people to shoot the breeze with. I know couples are fine but when bored they can go back to their van with each other.
So here's the idea if a group of you are interested we go away somewhere for a week in October, I'm a member of the CC and C&CC so we can use any of their sites and annoy them by only being a single person. If enough of us get on then next year we try a two week holiday somewhere. My only requirements are to be able to walk, cycle or catch public transport somewhere. Also I'm thinking that we don't do everything together, travel separately, sight see separately unless it suits us to do otherwise, true motorhomefun style.
Anyone interested? You don't have to be single, just camp that way, I have a vision of Last of the Summer Wine but I want to be Compo!

Clive

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
....oh these bloomin, soddin stockins !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I am a retired widower,and I mainly camp alone ,and yes sometimes I do get bored with my own company and wish I was with another person ,male or female.just to chew the fat and put the world to right. I belong to a singles camping club but its a .little too organised for me at their rallies I prefer to go my own way . I would love to meet up with others on my travels even if its just for the day.I am a boring person ,don't drink ,don't smoke and have given up women .haha.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I am a retired widower,and I mainly camp alone ,and yes sometimes I do get bored with my own company and wish I was with another person ,male or female.just to chew the fat and put the world to right. I belong to a singles camping club but its a .little too organised for me at their rallies I prefer to go my own way . I would love to meet up with others on my travels even if its just for the day.I am a boring person ,don't drink ,don't smoke and have given up women .haha.
That's a pity cos I would love my mum to find another man who doesn't drink or smoke. Hope she doesn't read this or ive had it :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think it's a brilliant idea, as long as you can choose when you want your own company and to be alone .... I can't do it at the moment but I am sure there are lots of singles out there who would love to go abroad with a group. When the time comes I would be too scared to do the first trip without a leader in front of me... Hope you get answers to this. Either way hope it bumps up and up again until it is standard.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Mandymops, I could be your virtual mum to make sure you young uns don't get up to anything you shouldn't..... :eek::eek:o_Oo_O:LOL::LOL::LOL:

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Mandymops, I could be your virtual mum to make sure you young uns don't get up to anything you shouldn't..... :eek::eek:o_Oo_O:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Kind thought but you look younger than me!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
LOL. Thanks Roy. I am older than Mandy ... in fact I am old ... just moved when the photo was taken so that I looked younger ...... but yep I am sure we would all have a brilliant time .... looking forward to the day when I can join you all .. Joy

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi . lots do get away in winter. i usually travel in my truck , my mate in his , my next door neighbour here sometimes travels with us . we do meet up with others along the way . pop up from the med coast to see kenspain . . we leave towards the end of oct begining of nov . we meet germans dutch you name it we know where some stop all winter . might do just spain . possibly portugal used to go morocco every year. we also meet couples like voyager stan etc . ferry plymouth to santander return end of april . sometimes we have a convoy sometimes its just alone and meet up again later .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
we also call in to valencia and have a drink with momo off this site .
and belive me we really are like last of summer wine .
sundowners and bwb met up with us last winter for a few days .
lifes too short to hang around here in the cold .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
thats why we act like kids . i,m about 13 now .but getting more childish every day.

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm afraid I could only do uk. I wouldn't trust Boris mechanically to cope with more. Also my hounds would have to come..

bessie07

Free Member
Oct 6, 2013
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
c.class
Exp
since 1994
Hi Clive
I'm going over to France late August if fancy meeting up somewhere perhaps we could chew something together

simply

Free Member
Apr 24, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Renault Trafic
Exp
Newcomer
Has anybody come up with dates and venues for a solo travellers' holiday yet because I wouldn't want to miss out or are we all putting our name badges upsidedown at Malvern and meeting together to discuss a plan there ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back