Holiday Sites Scotland

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by DESCO, Jun 8, 2009.

1. DESCO

DESCO

Ratings:
    +271

Having just returned from 6 weeks in Scotland :cry:I thought that I would let people know that sites both club and private are being used to a greater extent than I have found in previous years.

There are still sites to be found but at times it can become a little more difficult.:Doh: I don’t know if this is the result of credit crunch, but motor homes are around in greater numbers than I can recall in previous years.

What did surprise was the number of old Talbert vans mainly Van conversions, I thought most of these had long gone

Still not to long before I’m off north again:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Dave

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +35,567
    I think it's more to do with the awful Euro exchange rate, presently €1 = £0.87 ..

The good ol' days of €1.5 to £1 and diesel at 50c are long gone :Sad:

3. New Rover

New Rover

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Desco though, there are a lot more MHs on the Scottish roads nowadays.
    I was out "wilding it" for 4 days and nights last week and saw more MHs on the road than caravans.
    I also saw a queue of traffic on the A82 stretching from the Shores roundabout back along Loch Lomond for a few miles last Sunday night (BH week-end).
    Fortunately I was going North at the time.