Holiday destination ... all change!!!! Slovakia and Hungary now! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hubby has now decided he quite likes the sound of going via Belgium, Germany, Slovenia and into Slovakia with lots of mountains, rivers and caves to explore, then Hungary for it's castles, mountains etc and back through top of Italy, France and home. So long as it's not peeing it down, is warmish and has nice scenery and places to relax and visit I'm happy! :D

We don't have ANY maps for Slovakia or Hungary so does anyone know of any good ones as we go in just over 3 weeks! :eek:

Any recommendations/comments/experience welcome! (y)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Prague, Vienna and onto Budapest is a route I'm thinking of so I'll watch with interest.
Slovenia is lovely but no idea about Slovakia.
Or Hungary for that matter.

mfw

Banned
Sep 16, 2017
Worthing
Funster No
Missed getting vignette going into slovenia 500mts down road got stopped and ended up with 180 euro fine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hubby has now decided he quite likes the sound of going via Belgium, Germany, Slovenia and into Slovakia with lots of mountains, rivers and caves to explore, then Hungary for it's castles, mountains etc and back through top of Italy, France and home. So long as it's not peeing it down, is warmish and has nice scenery and places to relax and visit I'm happy! :D

We don't have ANY maps for Slovakia or Hungary so does anyone know of any good ones as we go in just over 3 weeks! :eek:

Any recommendations/comments/experience welcome! (y)

We live in southern Poland so are only 100km from Slowakia and have visited several times.

It is a very easy country for MHoming especially wildcamping which we do, so have not got much experience of campsites, although we did visit one and it looked well-run. I suspect they are only open for a short summer period.

Tatra mountains are nice but better on the west side, rather than the South, which is a bit crowded on the ski parking even in Summer.

As for maps - we have a 1:200,000 produced by TatraPlan, but unfortunately no ISBN number. However, their website is so that might help. Stanfords is always the best place to go for any map worldwide.

We have no experience of Hungary or Czech Rep. - yet.

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back