Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
The world needs to know...
Today we collected our new motorhome, having traded in our Autoquest at the end of May, and claimed the unused road tax back, since then we have MHless. Tonight we have a brand new Bailey approach se 625 parked on the drive, we are loading up all our bits and pieces, odds and sods etc. We've made up the bed, filled all the tanks, found places to stow everything, its great.
Tomorrow we'll put in our cloths and some food and its off to Matlock for a couple of nights to try it out.

Wave if you see us go by, we're the ones with ear to ear smiles.

Gordon and Linda

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sounds like you have a great big grin ::bigsmile: on your face, enjoy.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
That's great news! Enjoy your trip away in your new van:thumb:
Margaret & Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I could feel the excitement in your post. Have fun:thumb:

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
New motor?

Sounds like you'll be needing some new FUNSTER stickers for the front and rear windows, so fellow Funsters who are unable to identify your big grins because of the glare from the blistering sunshine that is bound to be falling on your new shiny windows, have a fighting chance of spotting you!

SAE to Jim double quick... Jim, stand by for incoming!!!!

Simon

OP
OP
SomeoneElse
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Now we are back I'll follow up on this.
While I search around Matlock we choose a CS at Cromford. Its close to a bus stop with busses to Matlock, but what we found when we arrived was that it was "Celebrate Cromford" weekend, a local festival, so we didn't move from the village at all.
We noticed signs as we pulled into the village on Friday, on Saturday morning there was a lot of activity in the playing field next to the campsite. Further down in the village they were registering people for races, where you run around the village. I adverted my eyes as I'm allergic to exercise. Around the village there were many stall selling bric-a-brac, craft and home made cakes etc. We also saw a stationary petrol engine display and not one but two model railway exhibition.
All the pubs offered real ale and live music:winky:.

As we headed back to the CS there was a "have a go" at archery and try casting a fly fishing thingie in a hoop on the grass in the playing field. In the camp site I noticed half of the field was left unmowed. When we arrived back they were setting up a demonstration of gundogs. We sat outside the MH with a mug of tea and watch how the dogs were trained and the different ways spaniels and retrievers are used. I kept my views on the sportsmanship of shooting birds that have had their wings clipped so they can't fly to well and then released. But it was an interesting demonstration all the same.

The whole village is built around water power and is the home of Richard Arkright's Mill and terminus of the Cromford canal.
A brilliant accidental find giving us a lovely weekend.

The new MH was great too.

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
Superb - what luck.

Those ear-to-ear grins certainly worked some magic for you. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Maria

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You're still smiling now aren't you?

..........I can feel the vibes all down here in Gods own seaside resort....

...................so where are all the pickies......... :thumb: Griff

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I recon that's someone else's van :winky:

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Now we are back I'll follow up on this.
While I search around Matlock we choose a CS at Cromford. Its close to a bus stop with busses to Matlock, but what we found when we arrived was that it was "Celebrate Cromford" weekend, a local festival, so we didn't move from the village at all.
We noticed signs as we pulled into the village on Friday, on Saturday morning there was a lot of activity in the playing field next to the campsite. Further down in the village they were registering people for races, where you run around the village. I adverted my eyes as I'm allergic to exercise. Around the village there were many stall selling bric-a-brac, craft and home made cakes etc. We also saw a stationary petrol engine display and not one but two model railway exhibition.
All the pubs offered real ale and live music:winky:.

As we headed back to the CS there was a "have a go" at archery and try casting a fly fishing thingie in a hoop on the grass in the playing field. In the camp site I noticed half of the field was left unmowed. When we arrived back they were setting up a demonstration of gundogs. We sat outside the MH with a mug of tea and watch how the dogs were trained and the different ways spaniels and retrievers are used. I kept my views on the sportsmanship of shooting birds that have had their wings clipped so they can't fly to well and then released. But it was an interesting demonstration all the same.

The whole village is built around water power and is the home of Richard Arkright's Mill and terminus of the Cromford canal.
A brilliant accidental find giving us a lovely weekend.

The new MH was great too.

What a great little intro trip, I hope we find places like that......only one thing, I don't drink tea :wine:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back