Hold me back from buying these! (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Oh dear! I want these two ............... :devil::devil: :h::h:

One of Broken Link Removed with one of Broken Link Removed on top ................... perfect in my eyes :D:D

Suits the daily commute (no camper) then fit the camper and go! And if that's not enough, when I get there leave the camper behind and go mad on a 4WD adventure! Does it get any better?

And in the meantime I can carry all the stuff I need in the back when building my new house or picking up stuff the missus buys off Ebay ;)

I'm in love :h:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Always fancied that sort of set-up myself, didn't realise how tall they are until I saw one in the flesh. The Northstar campers seem excellent, and good insulation qualities.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Won't like to be in it de-mounted in any form of wind !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Certainly an exercise in packing as much as possible into the minimum space. For adventurous type.

Not for the Beni brigade.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
I have a twenty year old hilux which I have had for 13 years and they are brilliant. They are very popular on this island and go off road easily. No experience of the demountable but they do look good.

Pickup 1.jpg

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Always fancied one myself saw loads in Canada and Alaska when I was touring there if you like off the beaten track its the way to go.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Once it's off the truck you drop it down to ground level, you don't leave it on stilts :)
Never seen that done? Normally they come with 2 sets of legs ( Same as legs on an artic trailer) that support it in a position that the truck can just be driven under , legs wound down , attach to truck & remove support legs.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
had them for years..proper German ones though, ALDE heating etc.... -25 deg C and snug as a bug:D

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Worked on Hi-luxes for years. Fantastic vehicle, rugged unbreakable, D4D engine. It would be my choice if I ever went for a 4WD vehicle.. ((And half the Arab world ))
Would like to know where the centre of gravity would be when in "camper mode" !! But great Idea.. Buy it and be damned !!! (( Its not my money ))..
Mitch.. :LOL:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
What make? Spill the beans(y)
What make? Spill the beans(y)

Easycampers from Sweden, marketed as Nordstar in Germany. Had a few different Mitsubishi trucks, and a ford. Was handy as VAT registered in those days :)

Would have gone back to one but wife veoted that! (to small) but what really stopped me was no practical ability to carry e bikes:( there's a good german forum for them....

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Do they not seem a little like a caravan though? I like being abeinti stop wherever and turn round and make a cuppa without having to go outside.

If you want it and you can get it though what's stopping you?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Do they not seem a little like a caravan though? I like being abeinti stop wherever and turn round and make a cuppa without having to go outside.

If you want it and you can get it though what's stopping you?
If you're 'slim' enough you could slither through the window from the cab!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back