LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
hi all just come back from the motorhome show at excel while there we visited the brownhill pitch and saw a few good vans we may concider however 1 we was asking about is a hobby but was told by the saleman the problem with the hobby is spare parts which are really hard to purchase i am assuming he meant the engine spares but is this really the case regarding hobby ???:Doh:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
He probably meant the spares for the habitation area. The engine spares are not normally a problem, assuming it is a recognised vehicle chassis, (Fiat, Peugot,Mercetc....) they are available in any of the commercial outlets.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hobby's are almost always VERY slightly wider than others.. And that is why Hobby caravans are the most popular among 'travellers' ( as in Romany )

We owned a 1989 6 berth for a couple of years.. Really well appointed and even at that age we had no problem getting a replacement fire ( bottom fell apart at the Newark show.. Wandered round and picked up a replacement there and then ! ) and a replacement cupboard latch/handle that some plonker ( errr.. that would be me then :winky: ) managed to break while playing silly buggers !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We have a 1999 Hobby fms and have had it since it was 3 years old and love it . The main reason we have not changed it !!!

Maybe the new one's are wider but ours is actually narrower than most other vans.

Our tap has just gone in the kitchen and no problems getting spares.

Must admit like most vans I think the build quality is less in the interior of the new ones.

Base is a Fiat so no problems with engine spares.

I believe the origin of Hobby is also Romany hence the good layouts :Smile:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hmmmm! Sounds like the latest version of Brownhills is as customer focused as their past reputation indicated.

Wouldn't it be nice if this was just one member of the Brownhills team that talks cock.

Cynic? Moi?:RollEyes:

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back